Digital Engagement Coordinator
The Feeding Texas network is the largest hunger-relief organization in Texas. Our mission is to lead a unified effort for a hunger-free Texas. Together with our twenty-one member food banks, we strive to ensure adequate, nutritious food for all Texans, improve the health and financial stability of our communities, and engage all stakeholders in advocating for hunger solutions.
The Feeding Texas Civic Engagement team makes our state and national policy response to hunger stronger, more effective and more just by influencing decision-makers, engaging community voices in the policy-making process, and building political power in the communities we serve.
The Digital Engagement Coordinator will assist our team by building and engaging our digital audiences, with an emphasis on reaching the communities served by our food banks. The Coordinator will increase our reach and engagement with these communities; build our digital lists; conduct oversight of list maintenance and advocacy marketing campaigns; moderate our digital channels; and assist in the creation of digital content that centers community voices and provides our audience with opportunities for substantive policy advocacy.
This position reports to the Director of Communications, and works closely with the Community Voices Program Manager.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive digital media strategy that supports and furthers overall civic engagement initiatives and goals, particularly engaging community voices and building political power in the communities we serve.
- Build targeted digital audiences, particularly communities served by our food banks and develop their engagement over time in advocacy-related priorities in ways that build political power.
- Create and oversee the distribution and moderation of advocacy-related content through our digital channels, including social media, website and email lists.
- Oversee the maintenance and moderation of StorybankTexas.org, a collection of stories from Texans experiencing hunger, as well as develop a steady pipeline of digital content from the stories captured through this initiative.
- Promote the inclusion of community voices in all Feeding Texas communications products, and work with external partners (such as news media) to feature the same within an anti-oppression framework.
- Use analytics from social media platforms and Feeding Texas websites to provide reports on exposure, usage, and engagement. Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of each platform and test new technologies, tactics, and platforms for additional traction.
- Full-time, wage-earning experience in a digital marketing/communications or advocacy position within a non-profit and/or business organization
- Working knowledge of major social media platforms, WordPress, Mailchimp and Google AdWords, including analytics
- Working knowledge of digital design tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Canva
- Basic knowledge, or demonstrated ability to learn relevant office software, including Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint and Teams
- Experience working with communities of color, and/or lived experience within communities served by food banks
- English-Spanish bilingual proficiency is a plus
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to define, grow and engage digital audiences, including the ability to interpret digital analytics and adjust strategies
- Basic understanding of state and federal policy-making processes, and the political dynamics shaping these processes
- Understanding of the historical and current injustices that contribute to hunger in Texas and how awareness of these can inform more effective and just solutions
- Ability to create on-brand content within an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework that is effective both in persuading audiences to action, and supporting effective and just outcomes in a bipartisan environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong writing ability
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced, and mostly virtual environment
- Able to work independently
- Strong ethical character capable of exercising good judgment and discretion and handling confidential information
- Commitment to organizational mission to end hunger
Applicants should be committed to social and racial justice, with a belief that improving outcomes for all Texans – regardless of their race, place, or class – requires intersectional solutions that correct injustices and promote equity.
The salary range for this position classification is $36,000 – $54,000. Final offer will be based on the candidate’s ability to immediately contribute to organizational goals and apply relevant skills, while maintaining organizational pay equity.
Feeding Texas offers a competitive benefits package. We strive to provide non-cash benefits that encourage a work-life balance and promote the physical, mental, and financial health of our employees and their families.
Feeding Texas is currently working remotely. When it is safe to do so, we plan to re-open our Austin office and offer the flexibility to work in the office or from home, with the expectation of occasional in-person meetings and collaborative work as needed, and the ability to travel within Texas. Feeding Texas’ physical office is currently located at 1524 S IH 35 Frontage Rd Suite 342, Austin, TX 78704.
Please upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire here. The form will close when the recruitment period has ended.
Job posted: 2021-04-18