Location: Currently remote; however, we are looking for candidates willing to relocate to Washington, DC once DC government and local health officials have determined employees may return to their physical work sites.
Status: Full time; Exempt
Launched in 2018, the Groundwork Collaborative is a mission-driven effort to advance an economic vision that delivers meaningful opportunity and prosperity for everyone. We work with economic policy experts, progressive movement leaders, and activists on the front lines of progressive causes in communities across the country to develop and advance a progressive economic worldview, collaborate and foster new ideas, and develop new pathways to share information. We’re committed to breaking down issue silos, supporting and amplifying each other’s work, and showing up for one another on critical economic issue campaigns.
The Digital Manager will develop and manage Groundwork’s digital communications portfolio and will support and help execute the overall communications strategy. This position will oversee and grow Groundwork’s online presence and digital channels. The Digital Manager will promote the work and thought leadership of leading progressives on the economy, and will work to develop and track messaging to socialize the progressive narrative on the economy. They will work within the Groundwork team on new digital outreach and products, and will work to distribute those through our social media channels, website, email, creative assets, and other digital products.
As Digital Manager you will…
- Work with the Communications team to manage all digital communications, including Groundwork social media channels, our website, email program, and visual communications
- Develop digital strategies (video, email, website) and monitor outcomes
- Create, execute, and manage Groundwork’s digital platforms and assets — including videos and basic graphic design
- Manage Groundwork’s social media channels and content
- Create and edit videos, photos, and graphics
- Work creatively, using all the digital communications tools at our disposal, to help create a through line narrative on the economy.
- Identify opportunities—and develop materials with other relevant staffers—to promote and publicize organizational initiatives, activities, reports, and content.
- Conduct digital outreach, draft social media and website content, and execute other key tactics for successful digital strategy.
- Supervise and execute communications-related Groundwork programming on our digital channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have experience creating and executing digital media.
- You are an excellent and creative video editor.
- You have an interest in progressive messaging on the economy.
- You have a keen awareness of the news cycle and how Groundwork’s progressive economic worldview might fit into it.
- You’re a pro at multitasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans.
- You have experience working with and strong knowledge of graphic design and video editing software, as well familiarity and comfort using email content and audience management systems.
- You’re creative and innovative, willing to try new approaches to solving old problems.
In addition, it would be a bonus if…
- You’re familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community.
- You have social media and rapid response experience.
- You have existing relationships with reporters and media figures.
- You are interested in, or have experience with digital strategy
- You have management experience.
The salary range for this position is $57,500 to $72,500, commensurate with experience.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union, and employment terms will be subject to future collective bargaining
How to apply
To begin the application process, please provide a cover letter, your resume, and your portfolio (e.g., link to your website, a pdf, or other access to examples of your work).
Please note that we may not be able to send a response directly to everyone who applies.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
New Venture Fund Careers
Groundwork Collaborative is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02