Work for an issues-focused strategic communications firm creating and executing plans for clients’ and firm’s digital landscape.
The position is responsible for working with the rest of the firm’s team to create and implement effective digital strategies for our clients based on their unique needs and goals.
• Work with communications team to create and execute digital plans that dovetail with client communications and advocacy strategies.
• Assist with implementation and measurement of online advocacy programs (e.g., targeted social media posts to generate emails, phone calls, texts to policymakers).
• Facilitate production of collateral such as social media plans, digital copywriting, email newsletters, simple graphics, short videos, memes, infographics, etc.
• Monitor/provide suggested content for client social media accounts as needed.
• Conduct research on best digital practices to meet clients’ needs.
• Measure and report on social media analytics.
• Create/manage paid digital media campaigns for clients (e.g. Google ads network; Facebook/Twitter/Instagram; site-specific banner ads; etc.)
• Assist executive staff with client management as needed.
• Work with Client and Operations Manager on internal communications, client management and ShellyLyons social media presence as needed.
• Staff public events, seminars and (virtual at this time) press conferences as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, political science, public relations, internet or digital marketing, or communications
• Minimum five to seven years of professional experience
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Strong social media skills
• Experience and understanding of online ad tools and platforms (Google AdWords, Facebook, TwitterAds)
• Basic graphic design skills; knowledge of Photoshop, Zoom, Canva, iMovie or other related programs
• Knowledge and understanding of Pennsylvania’s political landscape
• Ability to translate complex public policies into information that’s accessible to the general public
• Some experience with more advanced video editing programs (e.g. Final Cut Pro / Adobe Premier) a plus.
• Some travel within Pennsylvania likely
Salary commensurate with experience
Participation in a 401(K)-plan available, excellent medical, dental and vision coverage and standard paid vacation and sick time offered.
Our team is currently working remotely, and we are in compliance with all COVID-19 guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran or disability status.
Contact: Faith Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2021-02-02