National Skills Coalition (NSC) is seeking a creative Digital Manager to join a growing communications team. The Digital Manager will help develop and implement NSC’s communications strategy using digital tools to engage and mobilize people to support our advocacy goals.
The National Skills Coalition is a broad-based network of leaders (business, labor, educators, advocates, et.al.) who want America to grow its economy by investing in its people, so that every worker and every industry has the skills to compete and prosper. A greater diversity of Americans will have access to a better life, and a greater diversity of U.S. businesses will see growth, if job-driven, skills-based training is a more central part of our nation’s workforce, education, economic and anti-poverty policies. With an annual budget of $4.5M and a staff of 25, we engage in coalition-building, analysis, technical assistance, communications and advocacy to advance state and federal policies informed by the partnerships and expertise of our members. NSC’s national advocacy network draws from over 35 states, including several national initiatives as well as more than 20 active state coalitions.
The Digital Manager will plan, coordinate, and execute NSC’s digital efforts including email outreach, list building, website development, and social and digital advocacy. This position requires the ability to develop compelling content; an understanding of how to target audiences; the digital knowhow to deliver the NSC message to the right people across multiple platforms; and the ability to convert contacts into activists. The successful candidate will have the skills to expand the reach of NSC’s digital communications, find new audiences, bring more constituents to our digital platforms, and build awareness of our key issues. He/she also will use a team-oriented approach to shared work and implement strategies and tactics in conjunction with network, organizing, development, and advocacy efforts.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Communications Director.
- Conceptualizing, developing, executing, and assessing vibrant, cohesive digital strategies and tactics for NSC’s dynamic campaigns in coordination with NSC staff.
- Serving as the communications liaison to assigned teams and actively contributing to strategic campaign plans to ensure digital and other communications goals are integrated into strategy.
- Creating strong content for digital communications designed to engage members in campaign activities, promote national and regional events, and grow lists.
- Developing creative tactics for list building, engaging audiences through email and social media.
- Contributing to the development of digital storytelling collateral including videos.
- Working to innovate with a goal of bringing NSC to the cutting edge of digital engagement in our advocacy efforts.
- Working with web developers and graphic designers to deliver an exceptional digital experience for constituents.
- Minimum 5 years (preferably 7) of relevant professional experience.
- Experience coordinating online strategy for campaigns with a strong grassroots/grasstops mobilization component, including demonstrated success in achieving goals.
- Experience working with web developers and designers to deliver an exceptional digital experience for multiple audiences.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to translate complex ideas into succinct and impactful communications for a wide range of platforms, audiences, and purposes.
- Demonstrated understanding of messaging and communications for a mission-driven organization.
- Strong project management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, project management, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Every Action CRM is a plus.
- Ability to use technology to collaborate with colleagues and manage work.
Compensation: Competitive salary. Excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health and dental, retirement plan, life and disability insurance and generous vacation policy.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume, to: email@example.com, subject line: NSC – Digital Manager. No phone calls please.
The National Skills Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of any protected status under federal or local law including Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.
Job posted: 2018-11-28