Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Marketing Associate
About the Job
The Digital Marketing Associate will plan and execute programs that help raise awareness, increase usage and drive revenue for GIIN publications and products. The associate also will track and optimize campaigns and provide reporting metrics for grant-funded programs.
- To succeed in this role requires a combination of technical, creative and communications skills including:
- Data management — ability to manage contact data effectively, including cleaning, organizing, and analyzing it.
- Data analysis — experience with data analysis tools, such as Excel or SQL, and ability to extract insights from contact data.
- Customer segmentation – ability to segment contacts into different groups based on their behavior, demographics, and preferences.
- Personalization – ability to create personalized campaigns and automated workflows that are tailored to specific contact segments.
- CRM tools – experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools, such as Salesforce and Pardot and the ability to use them to manage customer data and track customer interactions.
Core responsibilities include working with the digital marketing and communications team and programmatic departments on the following:
- Social media management: create, curate and publish engaging text, graphical and video content on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other platforms.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): execute best practices for on-page and off-page SEO, keyword research, and link building.
- Email marketing: design and execute email marketing campaigns, including creating email templates, segmenting email lists, and tracking email metrics.
- Content production and dissemination: assisting in producing high-quality content from the GIIN’s programmatic teams that appeal to target audiences across various channels.
- Analytics: utilize tools like Google Analytics to optimize campaigns, make data-driven decisions and update grant reporting.
This position will be based in our New York City office with significant remote work flexibility offered through the GIIN’s hybrid in-person/remote work model. Candidates must possess valid authorization to work in the United States that does not require employment visa sponsorship.
The GIIN is committed to pay equity. The salary range for this role is between $48,000 $60,000, with the exact salary depending on experience, with an excellent benefits package.
We aim to offer competitive salaries and benefits and are committed to equity, trust, and transparency in compensation. Basing compensation on someone’s willingness and ability to negotiate or on their prior salary leads to wide inequities and bias in how people are paid, particularly for groups experiencing historical oppression. Therefore, we do not ask for prior pay history from our candidates and our offer-making process is negotiation-free for salaries and benefits.
We determine the best possible salary offer based on relevant experience and the extent to which candidates demonstrate the competencies for the role during the entire hiring process. The GIIN also uses our annual performance evaluation process at the end of each year to determine raises and promotions.
The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in digital marketing tools and organizational communications. They should be able to quickly learn new marketing tools and strategies and be excited to learn how to design and manage integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. The Digital Marketing Associate should be a responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism. They must also be adaptive, collaborative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated communications and digital marketing experience and an interest in impact investing.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Communications, Marketing, Policy) preferred, but not required.
- 1-2 years experience in digital marketing or social media management.
- Excellent written communications skills, including the ability to crystallize complex ideas into appealing headlines and brief descriptions suitable to the distribution channel.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Genuine curiosity and a strong learning orientation.
- Ability to implement complex projects from start to finish in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance.
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
- Some experience implementing marketing databases, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns preferred.
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) preferred.
- Familiarity with digital content design and production tools including Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.Interest in the world of investing and capital markets is helpful.
- Commitment to equity and justice. Successful candidates will be aware that race, income, age, immigration status, sexual orientation, gender and gender expression, and other identities can play, and have historically played, a role in equity disparities, including within organizations. Successful candidates will be committed to continuous learning about diversity, equity, and inclusion and how to manifest these principles in the workplace.
- Alignment in thought, attitude, and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Digital Marketing Communications Associate_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should be aware that all NYC-based staff must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by GIIN Human Resources.
Global Impact Investing Network
Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), founded in 2009 and backed by leading funders such as Ford Foundation, Omidyar Network, Prudential, The Rockefeller Foundation, and Visa Foundation, has a global network of 50,000 on six continents and a formal membership of over 400 impact investing organizations in 50+ countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global community of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed to effective solutions to social and environmental challenges around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit https://thegiin.org.
Job posted: 2023-09-11