Digital Marketing Coordinator, Acquisition
Position Specification – Digital Marketing Coordinator, Acquisition
A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, The Teaching Company is a popular and growing media company that produces The Great Courses: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world’s greatest professors without the pressure of schedules, homework, or exams.
The Great Courses cover a wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects, such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes, in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills, and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable educational brands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others.
The Teaching Company has developed a catalog of over 700 courses comprising over 8,900 hours of content. The Great Courses are delivered to customers via digital streaming, DVD, and CD sales on the e-commerce site www.TheGreatCourses.com; and, most recently, through The Great Courses Plus, a digital subscription platform that PC Magazine has called “Netflix for Learning.” The Great Courses can be found on Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Channels, Comcast Xfinity Video on Demand, Audible.com, Recorded Books, Kanopy, Hoopla, and more.
The Great Courses also has highly rated apps available across most major app platforms, including iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Alexa.
Since its establishment in 1990, The Teaching Company has sold more than 25 million courses and prominent and loyal customers of The Teaching Company include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and George Lucas, to name a few.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing program management related to acquisition marketing for The Great Courses Plus, a digital streaming platform for lifelong learners. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Marketing Manager, Acquisition to support and execute multiple acquisition projects across a variety of digital marketing channels with the goal of driving new customers for The Great Courses Plus and digital a la carte courses. This role involves heavy collaboration and coordination with various team members.
Reports to: Marketing Manager, Acquisition
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the strategy, operations, execution, and reporting on designated digital channels, Social (Quora, Twitter, & FB), Roku, In-App marketing and others.
- Support Marketing Manager by coordinating/tracking creative and operational assets for digital marketing campaigns.
- Develop improved efficiencies for the acquisition marketing team and implement those new processes.
- Support team to manage schedules, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are met and communicated.
- Manage creative request JIRA process for Social, Roku, In-App, and other channels as needed.
- Develop relationships with and assist in managing vendors who support our acquisition efforts across Social, Roku, and App growth efforts.
- Research future vendors/media sources for testing.
- Research and track competitor products domestically as well as internationally tracking marketing efforts to effectively optimize related channel acquisition efforts.
- Manage vendor invoicing process and vendor payment inquiries.
- Act as main point of contact for questions from the call center and social moderation vendor as it relates to The Great Courses Plus offers and marketing efforts.
- Assist with any other acquisition marketing project as needed to support the acquisition team.
The ideal candidate experience for the Digital Marketing Coordinator at TTC will include:
- Bachelors preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Passion for lifelong learning and strong interest in digital marketing and project management.
- 1-2 years digital marketing experience in a direct-to-consumer company preferred.
- Strong knowledge and use of digital marketing channels for acquiring customers, including Social Media platforms, “over the top” devices such as Roku, Fire TV, or Apple TV, online shopping experiences, and iOS and Android App platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Willingness to do what it takes to complete projects with a dedication to quality, detail and innovative thinking—while working collaboratively with team members from other departments including Marketing, Analytics, Content Production, and IT teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple demands. Strong initiative and ability to handle multiple projects/roles in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must have excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to take a project and run with it, but also know when to seek help from team members or manager.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
The Teaching Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-09