Digital Marketing Coordinator- Email & Automation
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $400 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a Full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator- Email & Automation to help continue the accelerated fundraising growth in our email marketing program. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager–Email & Automation, your main priority will be to ensure smooth execution of the email program. In this role you’ll be supporting a dynamic and evolving program focusing on expanding our digital engagement, improving the performance of email acquisition and retention and increasing the share of digital revenue from sustainers — donors who give recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual gifts. You will play an active role in achieving our goal of growing unrestricted digital revenue by at least 10 percent each year.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator- Email & Automation believes in an omnichannel marketing approach centered around the donor experience and uses available tools and technologies to build and implement a strong segmentation and automation plan to bring the work of MSF to life for our audiences with the right message at the right time.
You will play a pivotal role on an energetic, innovative, and growing digital marketing team.
You will report to the Digital Marketing Manager–Email & Automation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the communications calendar for all MSF email communications
- Working with our email agency to further develop MSF’s email program by providing feedback on strategy, copy and images and serving as the liaison between the MSF marketing team and the vendor
- Building and launching emails and SMS in our marketing cloud as needed
- Designing assets as necessary, including Identifying powerful, response-driving photo imagery
- Assisting in the strategy and design of donation forms, landing pages and surveys
- Configuring and generating email and donation form reporting and finding trends in email reports to inform future decisions
- Strategizing with the Marketing Team and email agency on audience segmentation and construction those groups
- Training members of other MSF teams in email creation
- Advising on configuration of CRM and liaising with Systems Team and vendors
You’re an experienced digital marketer with an eye for captivating storytelling and persuasive messaging. You are a creative problem solver with strong analytical skills, have a good eye for detail and for managing competing calendars and priorities and comfortable making recommendations and implementing strategies for improvement.
- Minimum 1-3 years directly relevant experience in digital marketing with experience in email design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital techniques and programs including email marketing, mobile fundraising, and donation form optimization.
- Ability to implement a comprehensive strategy to engage various audiences through different stages of the engagement funnel.
- Experience with HTML and the ability and willingness to learn new marketing tools and systems to evaluate their effectiveness to helping us meet our goals.
- Experience managing complex vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of vendors and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills and ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy.
- Willingness to embrace and channel the Doctors Without Borders mission and voice.
- Commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Experience working in a marketing cloud platform and creating and building automated journeys (especially Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Familiarity with CSS, Google Analytics, and donor databases and CRMs such as Revolution Online (ROI).
No phone calls, please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-03-20