Digital Marketing Coordinator
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest
Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert
research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based
organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels.
For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking
common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our country stronger.
For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook,
Instagram, and Twitter.
UnidosUS is seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for helping to plan,
implement, and manage the organization’s digital marketing strategy to effectively
communicate with UnidosUS’s constituency, help increase brand awareness, improve
marketing efforts, and support key organizational goals. This position reports to the Director of
Digital Marketing. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of advocacy and digital
organizing, along with a combination of creative marketing communications skills and technical
• Help support, execute and optimize digital marketing strategy, campaigns, and projects
• Plan and implement digital efforts to attract supporters, advocates, subscribers, and event
• Maintain the organization’s websites, microsites, and campaign landing pages. This includes
coordinating with editorial and design teams on content development, collaborating with
internal departments to ensure content is updated, and making sure all digital properties
are optimized for search, responsiveness, page speed, etc.
• Create email and text marketing campaigns in support of various activities, including calls to
action, civic engagement, fundraising appeals, event promotion, and other initiatives.
• Help deploy and manage paid advertising campaigns across multiple digital platforms.
• Develop campaigns aimed at new supporter acquisition; manage and help grow our
supporter lists adhering to email/text marketing best practices.
• Assist with digital video streaming and in-house production, including uploading and
archiving video content and maintaining assets.
• Monitor digital analytics and create reports measuring goals and KPIs.
• Identify innovative digital marketing ideas in support of key program or organizational
• Complete occasional work outside of working hours, as required.
• At least three years of experience as a Digital Marketing Coordinator or similar role.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
• Understanding and/or interest in the Latino community and the issues the organization
focuses on: education, economic empowerment, health, immigration, civic engagement.
• Proficient with content management systems (WordPress, Percussion, or similar).
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Understanding of digital media metrics and familiarity with tracking/measurement tools
(Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc.).
• Experience with digital advertising (search, display, social) and platforms (Google Ads,
Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn).
• Familiarity with marketing automation platforms (Phone2Action, MailChimp, etc.).
• Experience creating signup forms and calls to action.
• Strong grasp of digital marketing best practices, from SEO to list segmentation.
• Familiarity with virtual event platforms and event apps.
• Critical thinker with attention to detail and problem-solving.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Project management experience and strong time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work autonomously, and follow workflow processes.
• Up to date on the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in digital marketing.
• Some knowledge of the video production and post-production process; livestreaming a plus.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English, a plus.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter along with a résumé will be
considered for this opportunity. Please include “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: Moses Frenck
1126 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036-4845
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities,
political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult
Job posted: 2020-10-30