Digital Marketing Manager- Social Media & Content Marketing – Contractor Position
Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) is seeking a highly engaged and dedicated digital marketing manager who is looking for an exciting contract opportunity where s/he can make a difference in the lives of others. This job is a contract job with the potential to turn into a full-time position in the future.
Overview about CURE:
CURE is the leading non-governmental agency fully committed to funding research in epilepsy. CURE’s mission is to find a cure for epilepsy, by promoting and funding patient-focused research. The organization was founded by Susan Axelrod and a small group of parents of children with epilepsy who were frustrated with their inability to protect their children from seizures and the side effects of medications. Unwilling to sit back, they joined forces to spearhead the search for a cure.
Since its inception in 1998, CURE has raised more than $70 million to fund epilepsy research and other initiatives that will lead the way to cures for the epilepsies. CURE awards grants for novel research projects to prevent epilepsy related to post-traumatic epilepsy, advancing the search for a cure, eliminating treatment side effects, and reversing deficits caused by frequent seizures. CURE funds grants for young and established investigators and to date has awarded more than 240 cutting-edge projects in 15 countries around the world.
The Social Media & Content Contractor is responsible for creating and managing content to increase brand awareness, grow social engagement, and cultivate and nurture relationships with existing audiences across multiple channels, campaigns and programs. This position is integral in executing and building our social media strategy and fine tuning our voice across social, web, email, collateral and direct mail, as well as overall implementation to strengthen CURE’s brand within both internal and external constituencies. Primary goals include: further developing our web, social, and email presence to broaden our reach, solidifying our existing relationships, and mobilizing our audiences to take both online and offline action in helping CURE achieve its mission.
- Manage all social media channels – create and manage communications calendar, create content specific to each channel that is compelling and increases both our overall audience size and engagement, determine frequency of messaging, and select visuals suitable to each channel and target audience. Collaborate across organization to ensure all required content is addressed. Monitor engagement and respond promptly to all comments.
- Plan and execute end-to-end steps of all email campaigns, work with Marcom Senior Director and internal clients from Development and/or Research, manage and maintain email lists/segmentation, and campaign monitoring and analysis. Identify and implement A/B testing opportunities to further optimize open and click through rates.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of CURE website including optimizing user journeys, revisiting content based on SEO in conjunction with Digital Marketing – Lead Generation staff and managing website development team to implement necessary changes. Additionally, work in coordination with the Marcom Senior Director and staff on web content management, including regular informational updates, event calendar listings, news articles, research updates, etc.
- Identify opportunities to cultivate and nurture new and existing online communities to increase awareness of CURE and our mission across untapped, relevant audiences. Continue enhancing our brand across existing social platforms.
- Collect, monitor and analyze results of all email campaigns and social media. Work closely with Digital Marketing – Lead Generation staff to evaluate and assess web activities. Present findings and make recommendations to improve approach and implement necessary improvements. Share results within and across internal teams.
- Assist in development of all additional marketing materials including collateral, invitations, etc. as needed. Create materials or oversee designer as project requires.
- Stay up to date on new digital media technologies, their capabilities, best practices, and how other organizations are using them, in effort to become early adopters of these technologies.
- Project Management.
- Additional job responsibilities as necessary.
Marketing Campaign Execution, Social Media & Content Management
- Excellent understanding and hands-on use of Marketing Automation and Email Platforms (e.g., MailChimp, HubSpot, Pardot, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of Social Media (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) and Social Media scheduling tools (Sprout Social or Hootsuite).
- Ability to conduct A/B Testing.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design package is a plus.
- Strong writing skills.
Website Management and Enhancement
- Hands-on experience with CMS Systems (WordPress preferred).
- Experience with web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, etc.).
- A working knowledge of SEO and key word optimization.
- Experience working with designers and developers.
Data-Driven Approach to Decision Making
- Understanding of standard digital marketing KPIs.
- Experience reporting and analyzing data and presenting results and recommendations.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or another related field.
- Innovative thinker with a minimum of 7 years of social media experience.
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable working on multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with content creation across email, web and social channels.
- Highly detailed oriented and precise.
- Exceptional written, verbal, copywriting, and communications skills.
- Can do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment, highly resourceful and works gracefully under pressure with tight deadlines and multiple internal clients.
Please send resume, cover, and salary requirement to Resumes@cureepilepsy.org.
Job posted: 2020-10-09