Digital Media Associate
The Communications Workers of America (CWA) is hiring a Digital Media Associate, based in Washington, D.C.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the fight to organize and build worker power at a progressive labor union. Use your skills to help workers build power and strengthen the movement for economic justice and democracy.
This is a short-term position with the possibility of extension.
Summary of Duties
The Digital Media Associate will be an important part of our team using digital tools to amplify the concerns of workers, particularly workers in the wireless industry, and help them organize, mobilize and build power.
- Execute comprehensive online campaigns to engage workers and allies
- Draft messaging to reach non-union workers through email , text, social media, and more
- Develop strategies for reaching non-union workers on social media, including through paid ads
- Create graphics
- Track and reports on key metrics
- Identify and assess new online advocacy and communications tools
- And more as assigned!
- Strong writing skills, ability to absorb new information and learn new skills quickly, and great attention to detail
- A good eye for graphic design
- A strong commitment to the labor movement
- Experience working on an organizing campaign
- Experience creating graphics for use online
- Skilled at writing and sending mass text and email blasts
- Skilled at developing and optimizing digital advertising, particularly on Facebook
- Experience with online survey tools
- Experience with an eCRM platform
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts
What we’re most looking for is someone who is willing to jump in and learn quickly and cares about this work. If that’s you, even if you don’t have experience in all the above criteria, you should still apply.
The salary range for the position is $60,327-$85,002 and includes health care and other benefits.
- Benefits, and other terms as described in the Memorandum of Agreement
- The position is covered by the Guild contract with CWA
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-19