Digital Media Specialist
Digital Media Specialist
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) seeks a Digital Media Specialist to develop and execute digital communications strategies, under the Communications Manager’s oversight, to help BDT connect more people to critical public benefits and increase awareness of BDT’s work and impact. The Specialist will oversee all social media properties and email campaigns, and work with the Design team to manage website and SEO content to engage existing and develop new audiences. They will analyze digital content and be responsible for original content creation, both for paid and non-paid media. They will also be the subject-matter expert in all things digital marketing-related and suggest new or replacement platforms to help the organization meet its aggressive growth goals.
Based in our Center City Philadelphia office, the Digital Media Specialist will report to the Communications Manager.
Due to COVID-19, BDT is operating under a remote-working protocol, following governmental requirements and CDC guidelines. While this job will begin as fully remote, when BDT determines it is safe to do so based on public health recommendations, we will move back into our Centre Square office. At that time, all Philadelphia-based staff are expected to transition back into the office.
- Help develop and execute a digital communications plan designed to raise awareness of BDT’s work and impact
- Build, manage, and expand BDT’s digital presence on social media
- Work with the Design team to implement SEO and website content, and analyze performance through Google analytics
- Manage a website redevelopment process
- Analyze digital platforms to curate and create digital content
- Stay apprised of trends in digital marketing and investigate and propose new digital outreach
- Help develop and execute the team’s digital communications calendar, and collaborate with contributing departments and external partners
- Coordinate content for and develop monthly eNewsletters on MailChimp, as well as segment lists, and perform testing
- Audit existing digital platforms and systems, including email management, list management, and social media, for ROI
- Build followers, fans, and newsletter subscribers to increase the network of supporters
- Manage external vendors (video) and paid platforms (Hootsuite, e.g.), as needed
- Work with Projects team to analyze communications messaging best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to three years of direct experience in the field; related degree preferred
- Experience at a social services nonprofit, foundation, or government agency preferred
- Must possess creativity, and strong project and time management skills
- Must have the ability to collaborate across teams, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments, and work independently
- Design skills, such as experience with Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, and video editing platforms, a plus
- Ability to self-direct and proactively identify and address departmental/organizational needs
- Strong relationship development and management skills, as well as a level of proficiency and comfort level working with people of varying backgrounds
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HTML helpful
- Knowledge of CRM applications a plus
- Video filming and editing capability or photography background is a plus
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit that helps people live healthier, more independent lives by creating smarter ways to access essential benefits and services. Each year, BDT helps tens of thousands of people receive critical supports using data, technology, targeted outreach, and policy change. Since its inception in 2005, BDT has screened more than one million households and secured over $7 billion in benefits and services. BDT employs more than 200 people and provides enrollment assistance to individuals in six states, and policy assistance to states nationwide. For more information, visit bdtrust.org.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-27