Digital Media Specialist
The Digital Media Specialist assists and supports the Digital and Print Media Manager in the delivery and production of all services, products and events, developed and designed to manage the communication flow and content between OHA and the community. This position is responsible for creating content for OHA’s digital and print communications platforms in order to positively present OHA’s advocacy initiatives, community engagement efforts, and enhance the public’s perception of OHA as an organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Digital Marketing
a. Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
b. Drafts, designs, and develops OHA’s internet and digital marketing content. Revises and finalizes product.
c. Manages OHA’s social media platforms by updating the accounts with relevant articles, videos and blogs, maintaining a consistent OHA voice throughout all communications and responding thoughtfully to inquiries or complaints that arise from social media correspondence.
d. Ensures that the content is free of grammatical, typographical and/or compositional errors and that any pre-produced or pre-recorded images, audio, and video files are relevant (if applicable) and appropriate prior to posting to the internet.
e. Analyze and report on web traffic, analytics, and engagement.
2. Video & Audio Production
a. Operates video cameras and other essential video/broadcast equipment. Assists other staff in the operation of video cameras and other essential audiovisual/broadcast equipment and software.
b. Assists in the conceptualization, scripting and storyboarding of audiovisual/broadcast products and advertising.
c. Operates audio equipment and other essential audio gear.
3. Leads cross-functional teams consisting of inter-departmental staff and contracted vendors on projects.
4. Manages projects and vendors contracted to produce video & audio products and digital media content for OHA.
5. Participates in the development and evaluation of the operating budget for the Program.
6. Establishes, coordinates, and maintains effective working relationships with Trustees, OHA staff, public/private agencies, community groups, individuals and other state departments. Represents the program in a variety of interdepartmental coordination activities in regards to digital media communications.
7. Assists with the coordination, logistics, production and implementation of OHA led or OHA-sponsored events.
8. Fully supports in action, language, behavior and performance the priorities, decisions, and directives of the Digital and Print Media Manager, Community Engagement Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Chief Executive Officer.
9. Regular attendance on a daily basis is required for this position.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Digital and Print Media Manager.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in marketing, communications or related field.
2. Three (3) years of progressively responsible full-time experience in digital marketing, communications or related field.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, Download, complete and submit this fillable application form
along with a resume and cover letter to:
OFFICE OF HAWAIIAN AFFAIRS
560 N. Nimitz Highway, Suite 200
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96817
Attention: Human Resources
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2020-10-06