Digital Media Strategist
The Democratic Attorneys General Association provides political and policy support to Democratic State Attorneys General in their mission to protect citizens, promote progress, and support civil rights.
Reports To: Digital Director
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
The Democratic Attorneys General Association (DAGA) seeks an experienced, creative Digital Media Strategist to help grow the Committee’s digital offerings and support our work in more than 30 state AG races next year (and beyond)! We are a growing team, and we’re looking for someone who has digital political experience and willingness to try new things and bring new ideas forward as we fight to elect AG champions across the country.
- Draft, manage, and post social media content for DAGA, related social properties, and affiliated entities
- Develop shareable social content for distribution to candidate teams to support their digital programs and build coalition moments online
- Capture analytics and data to help drive strategy and inform future digital campaigns
- Update and maintain the DAGA website and related web properties; work with the Director of Digital Media on an upcoming rebuild/redesign
- Collaborate across internal teams and external teams to drive engagement and awareness around Democratic AGs, their work, and the committee
- Work with the Director of Digital Media, Finance team members, and external vendors to support paid digital programming
- Support larger creative programs in coordination with the Director of Digital Media, the Sr. Video Producer, the Executive Director, or others
- Other projects, as assigned.
- 2-3 years of digital experience with a progressive organization, preferably a campaign or National Party Committee
- A commitment to building an inclusive, accessible, and equitable digital program within the organization that aligns with the work of Dem AGs in areas of racial justice and equity
- Strong writing skills
- Experience writing digital political content and an ability to localize and tailor messaging to different audiences and platform
- Active consumer of political news and social media conversations; able to identify moments and opportunities for DAGA and Dem AG channels
- Experience in website maintenance and familiarity with content management systems
- Well versed in social media platforms and strategy
- Strong proofing skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills; able to move things through internal processes efficiently
- Basic graphic design skills
- Proactive personality; able to see needs before they arise
- Able to work under tight deadlines and outside traditional office hours
- Willing to try new things, even if they may not work out!
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with state or local races
- Language fluency beyond English is a big plus
- Basic social video editing skills
- Basic HTML/coding experience
- Experience testing or launching new digital tools for a team or organization
- Located in DC or willing to relocate
- A resume
- A 280-character or less cover letter
- And two to three digital samples you’re most proud of, with a brief description why
- DAGA’s office is open 9 AM – 6 PM Eastern, but extended and nontraditional work hours are required.
- DAGA offices are in downtown DC but are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DAGA is currently accommodating remote work, although the position will likely be DC-based once DAGA reopens its office. The office is expected set to reopen on September 15, 2021.
- DAGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process onboarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
- DAGA offers a generous benefits package that includes fully paid health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term, and life insurance policies, pretax spending accounts, monthly remote work stipend, or monthly transit benefit.
- DAGA values a truly diverse workforce and is committed to a culture of inclusivity, respect, and integrity.
- DAGA is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex: age; marital status; personal appearance; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; disability; genetic information; credit Information; status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking. DAGA will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-05