Digital Media Strategist
Community Solutions is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, proactive, innovative digital media strategist with a record for both developing and implementing a strategy for digital media that delivers measurable results. The Digital Media Strategist will report to the Senior Communications Manager and work closely with the Built for Zero and Policy teams.
The Community Solutions’ Communications department is dedicated to establishing new expectations, behaviors, and conditions so that homelessness is both understood and treated as solvable. In support of our Built for Zero initiative, we work with communities, newsmakers, policymakers, and our core partners to showcase the progress of the movement to end homelessness and create public accountability for ending homelessness.
We recognize that a digital media strategy is a critical lane for advancing a new narrative and understanding and engaging key constituents, and expanding our field of champions. The Digital Media Strategist’s primary responsibilities are to oversee key elements of the organization’s digital media strategy, which include the organization’s social media presence and profiles, its paid search and social campaigns, and its digital campaigns. This role will work closely with the team dedicated to content to inform our email and dissemination strategies. The Digital Media Strategist is also responsible for coaching and supporting communities in leveraging digital media to strengthen their efforts to reach and sustain functional zero, a milestone for measurably ending homelessness.
Defining Success for this Position:
- A data-driven digital media strategy that delivers measurable results with continuous learning and improvement at its core
- Execution of a social media strategy that shifts discourse — as measured in part by share of voice — towards homelessness as a solvable problem
- Effective collaborative with both internal and external stakeholders to execute a multichannel digital media campaign that promotes homelessness as a solvable problem
- Continuous monitoring and analysis that generates a strong understanding of our audiences, the social media landscape, and opportunities to expand our impact
- Growth in engaged audiences across channels and influencers/champions within our social media community
- Communities equipped with learning, support, and tools to leverage digital media as a strategy lane to support their efforts to reduce and end homelessness
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Impactful execution of a multichannel campaign
- Own the social / paid component of our digital campaign strategy, delivering results to expand the share of social discourse around the solvability of homelessness
- Partner with communities, core partners, and sector organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns that center homelessness as a solvable, systems problem
- Continuously identify and execute effective social/paid dissemination strategies to expand reach, impact, and engagement as measured through key performance indicators
Expanded and engaged audiences
- Manage day-to-day social media operations for Community Solutions and Built for Zero, including maintaining the social media calendar, posting content, and monitoring commenting
- Work with Creative Director to develop shareable, engaging content for social that promotes key messages and information
- Understand and engage social and email newsletter audiences and significantly grow this community
Monitoring, learning and improvement
- Provide weekly reporting on key metrics, key learnings, and actionable insights
- Research, explore, and test new ideas to expand digital presence through paid and social media
- Capture and help disseminate learnings on community campaign efforts
Community and staff equipped with coaching and support
- Provide coaching and develop guidance that helps communities in Built for Zero leverage digital media to reach and sustain an end to homelessness
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- 4-5 years of experience leading social/digital media campaigns, with a record of delivering measurable results
- Experience with digital buying platforms (ex: paid social, Google AdWords)
- Strong strategic thinker with a passion for understanding data and using it for improvement
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong, organized multitasker
- Zeal for continuous learning and improvement
- A belief that homelessness can and must be solved
Asana, Google Workspace, Meltwater, HootSuite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Ads, WordPress
$72,200 – $90,200
The position may work remotely from anywhere in the US, but would ideally be based in a city in which our team has an office, which includes Atlanta, Los Angeles, and New York.
Between 5 to 7 days of travel may be required every 6 months to attend team retreats and other on-site trainings or convenings. Most travel is to major cities around the US, including current Built for Zero communities.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by their race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.
Job posted: 2021-11-15