Digital Organizing Manager
When We All Vote is seeking a Digital Organizing Manager that will help support the broader
When We All Vote Organizing team and volunteer structure to register, educate, and mobilize
voters across this year. This position is expected to begin in June 2020 and last until November
Co-chaired by Michelle Obama and launched in 2018, When We All Vote is a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nonprofit on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race
and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and
through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle
Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture
around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in
The Digital Organizing Manager will help manage the broader When We All Vote digital
organizing program. The Digital Organizing Manager will work closely with the Deputy
Organizing Director to implement a digital organizing program with a focus on the organizations
volunteer texting program, including both relational and P2P. This role will be responsible for
writing different and engaging scripts and flows to reach voters through P2P SMS, using
relational organizing platforms and working with the broader Digital team to help kickoff new
texting campaigns, working with the Data team to ensure that voter lists are cut and uploaded
properly, helping manage online communities such as Slack and Facebook, and working with
the team to develop broader digital organizing plans and strategies. This role will also be heavily
integrated with the broader Digital Team. This role will report to the Deputy Organizing Director
and work with the Deputy Organizing Director to develop a comprehensive plan for the
• At least 1 cycle on an electoral, issue, or civic engagement campaign in a digital
• Experience with voter registration work.
• Experience using P2P and relational platforms, OutVote is a big plus.
• Experience using broadcast SMS.
• Ability to write strong scripts that engages both the volunteer and voter.
• Creative approaches to writing scripts and content that engage and mobilize volunteers
and voters to action.
• Ability to track data and outcomes from multiple digital organizing programs and report
back on them.
• Familiarity with managing online communities, such as Slack and Facebook.
• Ability to work with diverse communities and individuals with varying perspectives.
• Project management skills.
Applicants should also have:
• A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own projects.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
• Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals.
• Excellent analytical, oral communication, teamwork and people skills.
• Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Digital Organizing Manager” The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why
you would like to work for When We All Vote. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to
recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex,
race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical
disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Job posted: 2020-07-06