Digital & Social Media Marketing Manager
The Social Media Marketing Manager conceptualizes, creates and publishes content to promote business priorities for Raytheon Missiles & Defense, a Raytheon Technologies company
This role will implement paid and organic engagement and content strategies for the businesses’ social media channels, leveraging digital tools to promote business capabilities, programs and products externally. This position reports to the Web, Social Media & Analytics Lead and works in concert with other Global Strategic Communications & Marketing and business colleagues to develop content that ensures brand visibility and grows our existing communities while keeping up with the rapidly changing social media landscape.
Qualified candidate may be able to work remote at management discretion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties, as well as others that are assigned.
Primary Responsibilities include but art not limited to:
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
Content Strategy and Campaign Management
- Execute integrated digital & social marketing strategies with public relations, marketing, trade shows, mission area communications and employee engagement communications colleagues.
- Develop social marketing campaigns for key pursuits, keep sold initiatives and strategic programs.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content and maintain the social media editorial calendar to ensure sharing of interesting, timely materials on all company-owned platforms.
- Research key audiences, create profiles and develop targeting strategies to reach them.
- Manage social media ad budget for respective campaigns and projects.
- Develop, implement and manage creative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement and grow social media communities.
- Develop multimedia story packages (images, video, copy) for digital and social channels.
- Collaborate with Brand to create and curate assets for various social media placements.
- Develop and expand social communities and influencer outreach efforts.
- Seek opportunities to engage and educate members of our social media communities.
- Monitor important topics related to key business pursuits and use information gathered to inform social media strategies and tactics.
- Monitor the brand and competitors online to assess and mitigate brand risk and crises in the digital and social sphere.
- Monitor, listen to inbound mentions on owned and tagged content.
Emerging Channels and Trends
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Conduct digital & social media training and development across functions and lines of business, as needed.
Measurement and Analysis
- Work in partnership with Marketing Data Analysts to analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising organic and paid social campaigns.
- Review reports on social marketing campaign results and use insights to tweak strategies and/or tactics.
- Review effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- 8 years of related experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Experience, knowledge and applied understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram) experience deploying/completing successful campaigns
- Experience creating social media assets to support campaigns, ability to communicate information in written and/or video format.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and documented immersion in social media. (Must provide examples).
- Demonstrates excellent writing and language skills, including a working knowledge of AP style.
- Practices superior time management and possesses a willingness to embrace change.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees. (i.e., content development, creation and editing of content and online reputation management).
- Demonstrates good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Possesses functional knowledge of HTML, Adobe Photoshop, enterprise-level social media management systems (Sprinklr preferred) and Google Analytics.
- Possesses ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and follow processes to mitigate issues.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Interactive Media or job-related equivalent experience. Master’s degree may account for 2 yrs of required experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-24