Lucas Public Affairs is a top California-based public affairs firm that specializes in developing strategic communications to meet clients’ business and policy objectives and managing high-level reputation, issues management and crisis communications campaigns. Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree and have 5-7 years prior work experience in government, communications, public affairs or related fields. The ideal candidate is collaborative and creative – able to think strategically and apply cuttingedge tactics to develop and carry out successful public affairs plans in California’s fast-paced and constantly-evolving political landscape.
- Develop, plan and execute digital public affairs strategies for clients across a variety of policy areas
- Establish digital guidelines, standards, toolkits and best practices Work with clients and external partners to create, launch, monitor and optimize ongoing digital communications efforts
- Design and implement audience targeting, messaging and measurement of message effectiveness
- Provide strategic recommendations for content and positioning of paid and organic social media messaging
- Work closely with account leads to coordinate projects and production schedules
- Manage outside digital campaign consultants
- Train staff and help build internal working knowledge of digital communications strategies, platforms and tactics
Interest and experience working in government, politics and communications
Past agency or campaign experience a must
Strong understanding of data’s role in informing messaging and content
Experience in implementing deep social media strategy (voice, amplification, listening)
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Experience developing and executing strategic digital public affairs plans
Extensive working knowledge of organic and paid social media channels and platforms
Ability to employ innovative digital tools and a willingness to stay abreast of the latest industry trends and best practices
Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively articulate strategic thinking to clients
Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced and collaborative office environment
Ability to work full-time during weekday business hours
Core Values | Philosophy:
Our core value as a strategic partner is defined not by what we do, but by what we help our clients
achieve. Our guiding strategic principle: the pathway to positive change is paved with communications
that capitalize on seeing what is possible – and what may unfold – down the line.
Diversity Commitment & Vision:
LPA is an equal opportunity employer. LPA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status and other protected
status as required by applicable law. At LPA, we have a strategic vision: to be a diverse and inclusive
community of passionate, talented people dedicated to delivering creative solutions for our clients. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation and all the other enriching characteristics that make us different and inform our point of view.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to LPA@LucasPublicAffairs.com.
Please visit our website to learn more about Lucas Public Affairs at www.lucaspublicaffairs.com.
Job posted: 2021-01-13