Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Strategist – Remote
Who We Are
Run the World is an all-virtual, progressive firm founded to make an impact on campaigns and organizations that want to change the world. We create cutting-edge digital fundraising and voter engagement programs, as well as provide direct mail fundraising services. Our clients include progressive political campaigns, organizations, and nonprofits across the country. Founded by one of the most successful fundraisers in the country, we have the experience and a proven track record of taking campaigns and turning them into movements.
We are a group of passionate people committed to a set of values that guide the way we work and the difference we want to make in the world. At Run the World, we want to impact the world by also changing the way we work together and build a company that is great to work with and within.
This is a remote position. The digital strategist position is a full-time, benefits-eligible position through November 30, 2022.
For more information or to apply online, please visit https://rtwd.workable.com. We will review applications on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
We are seeking a digital strategist to join our team this cycle and act as a front line for top of the line client services provided at RTW. Act as analytic and creative experts by creating, testing, analyzing and optimizing email programs to enhance the bottom line and drive campaign narratives for all candidates and campaigns. Provide creative and strategic input for clients for their digital programs as a whole.
- Plan and execute online campaigns, building cutting-edge digital fundraising and engagement campaigns.
- Serve as the lead for our clients, providing quick turn around on client requests, organizing client agendas and report backs, and ensuring that client teams have everything they need to succeed digitally.
- Develop and implement creative ideas that enhance the client’s bottom-line, especially focusing on creative content and growth.
- Participate in consultant calls, keeping an eye out for digital opportunities and sharing results and outcomes with the consulting team and staff.
- Ensure that all client copy represents an authentic narrative, overall and as it relates to each issue and theory of change presented. Create and implement content calendars for various online, email and ad campaigns that reflect these narratives.
- Build dynamic growth strategies, leading the conversation around productive swaps, website productivity for digital, and coordinating with ads to ensure clients have the lists they need to meet their budget. Report out on organic, swap and ads growth results and constantly be thinking about how to add names that increase the bottom line.
- Run testing campaigns that leverage best practices and implement firm wide as needed. Maximize the list through segmenting for asks and testing. Keep a consistent eye on list performance and use statistics to enhance list performance.
- Analyze results for clients and use data to inform program strategy
- Utilize a meticulous attention to detail in the writing, production and client communications.
- Build and capitalize on strong HTML, NGPVAN, Action Network, ActBlue and similar toolsets.
- Be an active team player in the firm’s project management system.
- 2-4 years of digital strategy work with political campaigns, advocacy organizations or nonprofits
- Passion to elect progressive candidates to office and advance progressive causes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time with an extreme attention to detail
- Work independently, responsibly, and with accountability from home
- Understanding of engagement analytics and reporting
- Excellent writing skills
We’d love to hear if you have:
- Spanish language fluency
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of NGP, Action Network and ActBlue
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Have the passion to make the world a better place?
Location and Travel:
This is a permanently remote position. Candidates must be able to work from home and feel comfortable frequently engaging with colleagues and partners by phone, video conference, email, and other digital communications tools. This position could require occasional travel.
Salary range is $50,000-$60,000. Run the World provides:
- 100% Work from home
- Competitive health care coverage
- 401(k) program
- Yearly technology stipend
- Monthly mobile phone stipend
- Yearly hobby stipend
- Generous vacation and wellness leave
- 12 Paid holidays per year plus your birthday
- 6 Weeks paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online.
Nondiscrimination Policy & Anti-Racism Commitment
Run the World is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we take our commitment to building a better workplace seriously. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and a work environment in which everyone is treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to be inclusive, seek and employ the most diverse and qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including with regard to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, discipline and termination, and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against or give preference to any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy, military or veteran status or arrest or conviction record, or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job posted: 2022-04-19