Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Digital Strategist / Senior Digital Strategist
The States United Democracy Center, a nonpartisan organization focused on the critical role states play in election protection, is hiring a Digital Strategist or Senior Digital Strategist to join its team.
The Digital Strategist / Senior Digital Strategist will have a leadership role in the strategic direction, project management, and high-level implementation of States United’s owned, paid, and shared digital strategy. They will supervise our Social Media Associate, manage the work of digital and design consultants, and guide work on our social media channels, email newsletter, websites, and digital ads. This individual will have proven digital insights and results, excellent organizational and wirting skills, experience working in a campaign-like environment, and an understanding of the intersection between earned and digital media.
This is a supervisory position and requires some flexibility in work schedule. The Digital Strategist / Senior Digital Strategist will report to the Director of Communications.
About the Organization:
The States United Democracy Center is a new and growing nonpartisan organization advancing free, fair, and secure elections. We focus on connecting pro-democracy state and local officials, law enforcement leaders, and other partners across the U.S. with the tools and expertise they need to safeguard our democracy. During the 2020 election, then as the Voter Protection Program, we quickly became a go-to resource for state leaders, the press, and partner organizations. By bringing together current and former governors, secretaries of state, attorneys general, and law enforcement leaders for the first time, we helped build a nonpartisan firewall against those trying to undermine democracy. Now as States United, we support these partners in protecting the integrity of elections, holding those who seek to undermine democracy accountable, and preventing acts of political violence.
- Play a leadership role in setting, implementing, and tracking progress toward States United’s communication goals
- Supervise digital staff (social media associate, intern, and any additional digital/multimedia team members)
- Manage external partners, vendors, and consultants with digital and design responsibilities, including for internal projects and cross-departmental activities
- Work in close collaboration with leaders and staff across the organization to develop and execute digital campaigns (including both paid and organic and resources) focused on accountability, election protection, and preventing political violence, as well as disrupting disinformation cycles and promoting truthful information about elections
- Collaborate with other senior communication staff to develop both a long-term and responsive daily content strategy and calendar
- Track and analyze digital metrics and budget
- Develop a system for reporting metrics and offering insights into strategic opportunities and challenges
- Lead the development of digital and graphic content for States United, as well as key stakeholders, with support from members of the communications team and consultants
- Support day-to-day content updates to owned digital channels (websites, social, newsletter)
- Grow and nurture the organization’s digital infrastructure; assist in building and engaging key grasstops audiences
- Assist with special projects, including informing and training staff on digital tools and best practices; supporting strategic planning; and developing organizational and departmental processes and guidance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience; with at least 6 years relevant digital and/or marketing experience
- Strong writing skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage and drive engagement on social media platforms
- Experience managing a Word Press Content Management System (CMS)
- Project management skills that enable the juggling of multiple tasks, allocating and optimizing resources, and managing timelines with an ability to drive for results
- Experience overseeing digital paid media campaigns and strategy
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to changing priorities and to effectively operate in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to apply sound judgment and to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including senior leadership, partner organizations, internal and external collaborators
- Experience working for a non-profit organization.
Compensation + Benefits:
Annual salary starting at $100,000, commensurate to experience.
States United Democracy Center offers generous benefits including 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental plans plus matching retirement plans.
Our offices are located in Boston, MA, New York, NY, and Washington, DC, but this position will include flexibility to be remote.
States United is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-09-15