Dir 1, Govt & Reg Affairs
Responsible for regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of managers, professional and non-exempt employees.
- Organize and direct all franchise renewal efforts throughout the region, including developing and implementing franchise strategies consistent with legal guidelines and business goals and securing renewals on acceptable terms
- Organize and direct all pole attachment renewal efforts throughout the region and manage disputes with pole owners
- Assist in the development of government affairs strategy and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory issues
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
- Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers, and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
- Collaborates with outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- JD preferred
Field of Study
- Communications, Public Relations, Business
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Generally, requires 10+ years of related experience with contract negotiation and advocacy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Significant experience in negotiating agreements and contracts
- Significant experience in building professional relationships and advocating for a cause or brand
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-13