Dir, Corporate Communications
About the Job
The Director, Corporate Communications is a key member of the Corporate Communications Team and is responsible for employing public communications that supports business objectives and enhances both corporate and product branding. In close partnership with the Senior Director of Corporate and Product Communications and other cross-functional business partners from the Communications, Commercial, Medical, Biopharma, Research and Development Teams, this role will develop and bolster FMI’s external corporate, biopharma, and product franchise communications strategies as well as help lead the implementation of these initiatives. This position acts as a trusted adviser to the company’s Executive, Commercial, and Biopharma leaders and requires an experienced professional with proven communications skills, knowledge of the company’s global business, and the biopharma industry.
• Partner with the Senior Director, Corporate and Product Communications to develop a multi-year strategic plan that strengthens the global reputation of Foundation Medicine and its products.
• Manage a team of communications professionals to employ media, events, websites, social media, and other tactics in support of FMI’s product franchises, including commercial operations, product launches, R&D initiatives, and other key product milestones.
• Monitor and manage public relations firms and work with our partners on ex-US communications.
• Develop and implement communication strategies and programs for promoted and pipeline products that help meet business objectives, and for unbranded campaigns that strengthen the company’s corporate reputation.
• Measure and analyze the impact of communications initiatives through media and outcome metrics.
• Assist in identifying potential issues that communications would need to address and develop proactive issues-management strategies.
• Develop and direct traditional and social media initiatives that advance corporate reputation and brand building.
• Support executive visibility and thought leadership initiatives.
• Direct the creation of content, including press releases, messaging and Q&A documents, digital and social posts/content for corporate channels, video, animation, visuals, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of work experience in corporate communications at an agency or in-house industry
• Strong pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience
• Broad knowledge of biology, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, oncology and science, each as a respective industry, especially regarding regulatory and policy matters
• Corporate and product communications experience with an emphasis on regulated products
• Track record of leadership in driving a patient-centered mission
• Experience with communicating scientific data and product announcements, executive visibility and thought leadership, and traditional and social media relations
• Experience with national and local consumer, trade, and social media as well as professional, trade, and third-party advocacy organizations
• Demonstrated experience managing communications in sensitive and crisis situations
• Experience in managing budgets and third-party partners
• High level of attention to detail and nuance
• Demonstrated history of meeting project deadlines; able to work under pressure
• Mastery of skills in public and media relations, including familiarity with key healthcare media outlets and reporters
• Strong writing and verbal communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to properly interact with people in different levels/positions/experience and cultures
• Proactive, creative, results-driven and teamwork focused
• Passion for contributing to a transformation in cancer care – strong drive, sense of initiative, and commitment to mission
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22