Dir Government Affairs
Influence and Execute Teva’s advocacy efforts with U.S. policymakers and regulators, including U.S. Congress and Administrative Agencies, to help shape the policy environment and marketplace. As one of Teva’s representatives before government and non-government stakeholders, the. Associate Director acts in full alignment with Government Affairs, Legal, Compliance and Commercial functions. The position will interact daily with external government and trade association officials as well as other stakeholders focused on pharmaceutical policy.
- Responsible for the execution of advocacy strategies and accountable for outcomes;
- Identify key decision-makers and influencers in policy and political space; develop and nurture relationships leveraging all of Teva’s assets;
- Position Teva as a constituent with U.S. policymakers and represent Teva with decision makers and other health care stakeholders;
- Optimize Teva’s influence on relevant policies and regulations with clear and measurable objectives;
- Manage capabilities in lobbying, policy development and public affairs to secure positive outcomes for Teva and stakeholders;
- Stakeholder mapping, ally development and coalition building;
- Articulate, in concert with policy experts and Teva leaders, the company’s impact, relevance and value proposition;
- Understand policy environment and intersections with Teva’s strategy and interests;
- Identify critical opportunities and challenges in policy environment based on strategic business objectives and development;
- Interface with third-party organizations which Teva partners with including trade associations, NGOs and patient-advocacy groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in law, business or public preferred
- 10 plus years of successful professional experience with current in-depth, on-site career experience in government affairs and public policy in context of healthcare and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Capitol Hill and/or Administration with demonstrated relationships with key policy-makers are preferable. Strong policy writing skills are a prerequisite.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with a small team to maximize policy outcomes.
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills and be energized by policy analysis and development.
- The candidate must have well-developed communication and diplomatic skills, able to approach often controversial topics and defend Teva’s commercial decisions.
- He/she should possess exceptional market-focused business judgment, strong strategic analysis and project management skills.
- He/she should be results-driven, loyal, confidential and trustworthy, open and honest.
- The candidate must possess high ethical standards and be strongly committed to the mission and goals of Teva.
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on “Employee Central”. By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Job posted: 2020-06-19