Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Dir, Government Affairs
Lam’s leadership position in the semiconductor industry comes with a responsibility to be actively engaged in the global public policy agenda that is shaping the future of our industry. Lam Research’s Global Government Affairs (GGA) function carries out the company’s public policy agenda in markets where it does business. The Director, Government Affairs – State and Local is a key leadership role within the function and advances Lam Research’s interests before U.S. non-federal constituencies, policymakers, stakeholders, and relevant organizations and associations. This individual in this role will be relied upon to develop and execute advocacy strategies which support the public policy objectives of the company. Therefore, the successful candidate must have a deep understanding of the legislative, regulatory, and political processes including extensive knowledge of the substantive public policy and business issues affecting a world-class U.S. manufacturer and technology innovator. The Director, State Affairs will report to the Sr. Director, Legislative Affairs who will work together along with the Sr. Director, Regulatory Affairs, to help develop policy and political strategy on a range of legislative and regulatory issues. The Director will also manage Lam’s interaction on public policy issues impacting multiple states and regions.
The Director will work to further Lam’s advocacy efforts by aligning with internal business units, discerning the specific business imperatives of these units, and ensuring that Lam’s public policy agenda is reflective of these priorities. These efforts will advance Lam’s global company objectives, support our customers, and improve Lam’s significant leadership position in the world.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Act as Lam’s lead functional representative to state governments
- Assist in the development of Lam’s public policy agenda by working with internal company stakeholders
- Execute Lam’s public policy agenda by proactively engaging with external stakeholders in the U.S. state government, the business community, and other communities of interest
- Evaluate pending state-level legislation and regulations that may impact Lam in close consultation with the VP of Global Government Affairs to develop recommendations for senior management
- Position can sit 100% remote from most locations in the US
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in corporate government affairs, including relevant prior public service experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- 25% travel is expected
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Proven creative problem-solving history, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure.
- Outstanding leadership and professional presence.
- Collaborative team player and willingness to pitch in when necessary.
- Strong political skills and understanding of political processes
- Outstanding people skills and a strong substantive ability to converse on complex public policy.
- A keen sense of protocol and the ability to work comfortably and effectively with top level government officials and with the senior leadership of Lam.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We Look Forward to Your Application
Job posted: 2022-08-25