What you’ll be doing…
- Serve as chief political strategist to SGA senior vice president and region VPs and their teams.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program to further define and brand Verizon with key constituent groups, policy makers and influencers.
- Responsible for multi-state political strategies to achieve particular public policy goals. Develop creative strategies, implementation plans and key messaging to communicate, influence and interface directly with external public policy and community leaders to gain support for Verizon’s positions on legislative, regulatory and other policy initiatives
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of political implementation including coalition development, 3rd party mobilization, alliance formation outreach (electronic and non- electronic), media (paid and earned), events and contributions.
- Partner with federal teams to align and amplify political strategies, programs, and outreach
- Manage relationships with national groups of state and local officials
- Manage state Corporate Political Contributions budget
What we’re looking for…
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of national and state political landscape and effects on legislative actions at the state level.
- Experience in political campaigns at state and federal level.
- Extensive experience in state legislative affairs, government relations, and advocacy.
- Detailed experience with public policy issues affecting technology, telecommunications and related areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly in distilling wonky policy into messages that will reach and be understood by a broader audience.
- Creative communicator and problem solver
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to operate in unstructured environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Law degree preferred or public policy/political science advanced degree
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-05