What you’ll be doing…
- Responsible for developing and implementing both wireline and wireless legislative strategy, tactics, and content in support of company goals and positions at both the state and local level for CO, WY, MT, NE and KS.
- Responsibilities include identifying and influencing proposed state legislative activities.
- Responsible for interaction with members of the state’s executive branch, members of state legislatures and their staffs and selected local officials and their staffs.
- Plans and executes strategies and initiatives to reform regulatory and legislative policies to ensure that any state legislation has a positive or neutral impact on the company.
- Keeps management informed of pending legislation.
- Responsible for developing relationships with state and local policy makers who are members of key committees who drive decisions that affect Verizon.
What we’re looking for…
- 5+ years of high level legislative experience with state or federal government.
- Knowledge of both wireless and wireline legislative policy issues.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skill, both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A law degree would be a plus
- Travel required: 20% to 50% travel; Willingness to travel within territory in personally owned vehicle when appropriate. A Valid driver’s license is required.
- Position is located in Denver Colorado or surrounding states
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-28