Crosscut Strategies — a Washington, DC-based strategic communications firm working with start-ups, established high-profile companies, and non-profits in tech, health care, clean energy, and other sectors — is seeking a Director to join our fast-growing team. A Director is responsible for managing accounts or significant parts of large client accounts, working with the VP, SVP, and other senior staff to handle day-to-day client interactions, strategic planning, media relations, and crisis communications.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of relevant experience in strategic communications at a firm or in-house. You need to be inquisitive, motivated, creative and nimble, and be able to write well under tight deadlines. You must be equally comfortable offering strategic counsel to senior client decision makers as you are rolling up your sleeves to get a job done.
Many of our clients are high-growth start-ups, and like them, we are fast-growing. We keep the hierarchies flat and the fun and satisfaction high. We trust our employees to find the best way to get the work done, and our office has many cool places to do just that. We are located in the heart of the Dupont/Farragut North area, with easy access to Metro, buses, and bikeshare. We work hard, but take breaks to debate music, points of grammar, best places to eat in DC, and the latest outrage coming out of the White House.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 7 years experience in relevant communications and management roles in campaigns, advocacy, strategic communications, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, managing multiple clients, developing strategic communications plans — including public policy campaigns, corporate communications and B2B campaigns, and thought leadership efforts – and leading a team to execute a plan.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Being able to write fast and well is critical.
- Proven experience pitching and developing relationships reporters, including on-the- record experience and handing crisis situations.
- Experience managing complex assignments, leading colleagues toward a goal, and working with clients or other top-level stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with federal and/or state policymaking processes.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Advanced proficiency with all standard business software.
- Strong familiarity with and/or interest in health care and technology preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crosscut Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2019-04-11