Director, ABA State Association Alliance
Want to work for a great Organization?
The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
The Director plays a key role in managing the relationship with 51 state association alliance partners and provides leadership of key ABA programs including the Washington Visit Program
The Director will:
· Maintain/strengthen ABA’s alliance with state bankers associations by supporting the SVP and Chief in managing the relationship between ABA and the 51 State Bankers Associations to ensure that the state associations have a full understanding of the Alliance relationship including political engagement, advocacy, committee appointments, education, products/services and other issues.
· Process, understand and analyze information on membership, advocacy, products/services, governance and other vital association functions in order to make decisions on effectively managing the relationship between ABA and the state associations.
· Working with other key stakeholders across the organization, track state-by-state engagement and target specific states to build and grow relationships in strategic areas.
· Manage the Washington Visit Program including budget, program structure and coordination with state association leadership and federal regulatory agency contacts.
· Provide support for Alliance meetings including Alliance Advocacy Workshop, State Issues Summit and State Executives Workshop. Work with division Chief, SVP and Alliance Leadership to identify topics/speakers and develop timely and relevant programs.
· Manage and provide support for key Alliance initiatives (working groups, surveys/research, etc.)
· Represent and speak for the state association alliance and political engagement team during interdepartmental meetings and with ABA employees across the organization to promote the strong relationship between ABA and the state associations and the benefits this relationship provides to our members.
· College degree and 7+ years of experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Relationship building and management.
· Ability to understand and communicate banking concepts and policy.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and shift priorities while maintaining a high quality.
· Strong organization skills, attention to detail and excellent time management are a must.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow through on tasks.
· Self-starter with a demonstrated take-charge approach.
· Exhibits a problem-solving attitude in handling member inquiries.
· Able to work independently and as a team player.
· Strong computer skills including webinar management. Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint, Teams and other Office 365 programs.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with C-level executives and ABA executive staff.
· Independent judgment and discretion is key in day to day communications with key stakeholders.
Trade association experience preferred. Excellent customer service skills, program administration, meeting planning, writing, proofreading, attention to detail, organization
Job posted: 2021-07-20