Director, Advertising and Communications
Do you believe the way we interact with each other, with brands, with our elected leaders, with causes, has changed? Are you eager to give clients a new way to reach their audiences and achieve their business or organization’s objectives? Are you a driven and engaged professional who derives energy and creativity from working in a close-knit team environment?
Bully Pulpit Interactive is seeking a Director. We’re looking for someone who truly understands and has a real passion for innovation and delivering solutions for our clients. In this role, you will work closely with clients to identify their needs or challenges and recommend targeted solutions. This person is a hands-on, strategic leader responsible for partnering with c-suite clients, cause campaigns, and political organizations to deliver solutions with a team of brilliant digital marketers.
Do you love to dig into data and identify insights that help inform strategic recommendations? Do you enjoy taking complex topics and distilling them into understandable messages? Are you a great writer who is equally adept at writing a memo to the c-suite and copy in the voice of a principal? Do you have the drive to manage and encourage your team, coupled with an ability to engender trust and confidence with your clients? Then you might be the right person to join our growing senior leadership team.
Bully Pulpit Interactive is a digitally-based marketing and communications agency that builds believers for truly great candidates, causes, and brands. From consumers to voters, to the media, we communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, political campaigns, corporate reputation, and social impact. A growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, BPI works alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies and organizations – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
- Help lead strategic direction across a variety of political, public affairs, corporate, and cause-driven clients.
- Act as a primary point of contact for clients; track and solve client issues.
- Find meaningful opportunities for clients, lead the development of a campaign strategy, and orchestrate its implementation.
- Act as a mentor and leader for those members who support your clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of advertising and communications industry and client business needs.
- Maintain strong active relationships with key client partners at both senior and mid-management levels.
- Be poised in complex project environments and ensure success with both long-range and short-term business objectives and management of multiple partners.
- Deliver formal and informal presentations to clients as well as internal team members.
- Develop a variety of client deliverables including data-informed reporting, content, and strategy memorandums.
- Be part of a growing company and talented senior staff team.
- 6+ years in Advertising/Marketing/PR client service/Political efforts.
- 3+ years in communications, digital, online advertising (persuasion or direct response).
- Previous direct management experience.
- Strong political, advocacy, and/or public affairs acumen and background
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering business needs and establishing relationships with senior-level clients.
- Ability to translate client’s goals and objectives into actionable and measurable digital marketing and advertising programs.
- Have a deep understanding of the digital landscape, interactive strategy, social media, design, production, and project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Strong social, customer service, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills.
- Proven ability to balance revenue, client happiness, and operational responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools.
- Report to a Managing Director and play a significant role guiding the client and team’s work.
- The minimum salary expectation for this particular position is $100,000 and can increase depending upon relevant expertise and experience
- 100% company-paid healthcare, vision & dental for employees
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4%
- Generous vacation package
- Unlimited sick leave
- Generous holiday schedule
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- $50 monthly phone reimbursement
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchens and frequent catered lunches
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
LOCATION: Washington DC
SALARY: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.
Job posted: 2021-07-25