Director of Advocacy Engagement
Reporting to: Sr. Director of Digital Engagement
Location: United States / remote, requires U.S. work authorization
Term: Permanent full time
Compensation: $115K – $140K
Deadline: Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, target start asap
Let’s cut to the chase: We’re looking for an experienced and creative content strategist who is ready to drive compelling advocacy and policy content and engagement across all channels (e.g. SMS, Web, Email, Social). The candidate we need will know what content is right for each channel and be a strong team player ready to collaborate with a team of engagement managers overseeing execution and implementation of the strategy. If that sounds like a possible match, read on!
WorkMoney is a nonprofit organization dedicated to lowering costs and raising incomes for all Americans to make American life more affordable and American families more economically secure. We provide products, services, perks, benefits, tips, and tools to help members improve their financial lives. We are a trusted source of information about financial matters, economic policy, and public debates about the economy. We also activate and engage our members in advocacy campaigns to support policies and elected leaders to support our core vision that everyone in America can afford to live a good life.
What are we looking for?
WorkMoney is seeking a results-oriented Director of Advocacy Engagement to develop and deliver our content. We engage primarily by SMS now, but are investing heavily in email, web, social media, and 1 to 1 outreach. You would be responsible for leading advocacy engagement across all digital channels, working closely with our partnerships, growth, legislative advocacy, and data & analytics teams to drive political advocacy, education, and organizing goals.
We’re trying to answer questions like:
- How do we create content for 2M Americans that makes policy & advocacy work compelling and engaging?
- Which content should we send via SMS? Web? Email? Social media?
- How do we drive organic growth?
- How do we balance these offerings with other types of content, such as products and information?
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator who manages expectations and projects with attention to detail as well as a keen understanding of big picture strategy. Just as important, you are politically savvy and thrive in a start-up environment with a mission-driven culture.
- 5-7+ years experience in cross-channel digital marketing and engagement
- 2+ years deep strategic experience with email, social media, and/or web
- Demonstrated messaging expertise in politics, advocacy, and/or public policy
- Experience drafting strategy documents and messaging calendars
- Strong project management skills – able to wrangle a full team towards a big picture goal
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty and take on any kind of task to get the job done
- Comfortable managing external partners/agencies and copywriters
- Strong copy drafting and review skills
- Good (but opinionated!) team player able to collaborate on all elements of the work
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data analysis / reporting, planning testing efforts
- Experience with email testing and deliverability
- Experience with social media, particularly launching & growing new channels
- Experience with web content & growth strategy
- Comfortable learning new tools / technology
- Management experience a plus
The salary range for this role is $115,000 – $140,000 annually based on experience. WorkMoney offers generous healthcare, vacation and retirement benefits — the kind ALL Americans should be able to have, and which we are proud to offer. Those include, but are not limited to: low deductible healthcare, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you, 401(K) retirement program with up to 6% employer match, four weeks paid vacation, annual work from home stipend, and unlimited sick time.
Why join our team?
We’re mission driven, hard working, and scrappy AF. We’re a true startup, offering a dynamic work environment where no day is the same and where innovation and rolling up your sleeves is the norm. WorkMoney’s team includes people with a wide-ranging set of backgrounds and expertise. And best of all, we’re a growing crew of collaborative colleagues who are generous, whip-smart, and authentic.
It is WorkMoney’s policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, or veteran’s status. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities.
Follow the link to the application page, complete the required fields, and submit a resume and cover letter. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. Please address the following questions in your cover letter: why are you the best candidate for the job, what are your prior experiences with digital advocacy, and what makes you want to work at a fast paced social impact startup at this time in your career. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the posting will remain published until the position is filled.
Job posted: 2021-10-06