Director, Advocacy, North America
About the role
- Build revered advocacy capabilities that drive value growth ahead of the industry in the On-Premise.
- Lead the organization in identifying key on premise trends and turning them into actionable insights
- Act as a consultative partner for the on premise and advocacy with the Brand and Customer Marketing teams
- As an integrated part of each brand’s IAP, build best in class Advocacy programs aimed at winning hearts and minds of the trade and influencer consumer in order that they recommend our brands to their peers and guests.
- Identify opportunities and support the Hub Customer Marketing and Commercial Teams to optimize Bacardi’s presence in the On Trade channel
- Develop strong relationships with key trade leaders, influencers and media to drive positive collaboration with our brands and coverage of our programs.
- Lead the development of the NAM advocacy strategy, that clearly aligns with the best 10 strategy.
- Responsible for building and executing, a “best in class”, education platform for all brands & a uniformed approach to portfolio education.
- Build and clearly communicate, tangible and achievable commercial goals for the advocacy primos and agency ambassadors
- Drive business performance in the on-premise segment
- Support the NAOP Team, to deliver, education, rate of sale driving initiatives and strategic cocktail development for key customers.
- Work alongside the Director of Field Sales to promote a cohesive approach to brand activations, trade engagements, education and training
- Lead the continuous improvement of Advocacy capabilities to continuously innovate and build best in class programming.
- Provide Hub Brand teams with the Advocacy expertise and advice to enable an effective connection with the gatekeepers of our industry in and around the on premise.
- Work with the Brand and commercial leadership teams to deliver internal education and leadership programs which grow our capabilities and inspire passion for our brands and industry.
- Ensure implementation of learning and development plans and sustained learning for everyone in your team
- Create and develop a common understanding of team’s goals, objectives, timeframes, deliverables, and expected level of performance
- Fearlessly champions the importance of change efforts for Bacardi, the region, and distributor partners
- Demonstrates understanding of strategic customers’ business processes for selling products and services to consumers
- Champions the importance of continuous learning and development
- Allocates resources, such as time or budget, for primo and group development
- Takes calculated risks when doing so is in the best interest of Bacardi
Create a winning team
- Build a sense of community across the Global, Hub and Country Advocacy Teams
- Secure the recruitment of top talent for Advocacy leadership roles across your Hub.
- Set an inspiring vision and align the team behind challenging targets while creating a passion for winning
- Create a culture of excellence in execution that recognizes and rewards high performance
- Ensure all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi company history and culture
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or related area.
- You must have a strong understanding of the Advocacy landscape in NAM
- Ideally you will have 8-10 years of experience working in the On Premise
- You will have experience in roles related to understanding customer and on trade dynamics
- You must have experience in strategy development and implementation
- You must have strong management skills gained through hands-on line management experience
- You must have experience activating complex sponsorships
- Proficiency in English and Hub key language
- With a Founder’s mentality, you demonstrate exceptional financial acumen and decision making to achieve results.
- You are influential and excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You will have opportunities to display excellent written and verbal communication skills while also being relaxed giving presentations in front of small groups of people including executives distributor partners, Bacardi Primos, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of an organization.
- You are computer proficient working in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and can use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
- On Trade leadership commercial roles experience
- Trade operations experience as a bartender, bar owner or operator/buyer, decision maker
- Brand or Customer Marketing Management experience
- Strong industry connections in key influential cities
- Local Hub language(s) knowledge
- Ability to create, maintain and build long lasting relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
- You are dependable and accountable to your team, distributor partners and customers.
- You are a versatile and collaborative leader who effectively manages the matrix and nurtures teams for success.
- You are adaptable to changing market conditions and customer/consumer needs.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars – Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-29