Biotechnology Innovation Organization
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to build alliances with patient advocacy organizations, medical societies, and other healthcare stakeholders and provider groups to advance the vision and mission of BIO.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build alliances to help advance the objectives of BIO and the overall biotechnology industry, including relationships with patient advocacy organizations, healthcare provider organizations and disease research/advocacy foundations.
- Disseminate BIO policy priorities to 3rd party stakeholders and engage interested parties in advocacy.
- Serve as lead BIO staff for BIO Board Patient Advocacy Committee and the BIO staff-level Alliance Development Committee.
- Manage activities and outreach to third-party stakeholders including monthly policy briefings, Hill briefings, and quarterly workshops.
- Manage BIO’s two patient focused events – the Patient Health and Advocacy Summit and the Patient Pavilion at BIO’s Annual Convention. Work with Manager of Alliance Development and collaborate with team on BIO’s Charitable Giving Program.
Education and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree required from a four-year institution.
- 7-10 years of experience in the healthcare field.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or other relationship management expertise.
- Experience with the biotechnology and life sciences industry extremely valuable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work effectively with groups across the political spectrum.
- Superb communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
- Knowledge of legislative processes.
- Highly driven and results-oriented.
- Critical to work as part of a team.
We offer a competitive benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Job Posted: September 9, 2017