Director, Brand Public Relations
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director, Brand Public Relations is responsible for the development and management of innovative, creative, and influential internal and external public relations strategies focused on Adapt/Emergent brands. In alignment with strategic marketing imperatives and priorities in the U.S., this role will create exciting, engaging PR campaigns that are implemented within best practice guidelines, conform to corporate and brand identities, and align to brand team priorities and budgets. This Director will work in close collaboration with marketing, legal, regulatory, and medical affairs as well as corporate communications and public affairs team members. This position is located in Radnor, PA.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and lead brand PR strategy, product launche,s and high-profile engagement campaigns under the direction of SVP of Global Public Affairs and in seamless partnership with marketing.
- Lead the development and management of strategic communication plans across the product portfolio using defined metrics.
- Showcase public relations’ ability to support and drive brand efforts and objectives.
- Partner with U.S. marketing, regulatory, legal, medical affairs, professional and industry relations, and other key stakeholders to develop effective communications to customers and consumers, and to drive those communications to shape the external environment.
- Effectively communicate key data milestones and/or brand initiatives/launches at critical industry conferences and community events.
- Managing onsite media interviews with executives and extend the reach through social media strategies and customer communications.
- Manage potential issues and crises related to brands to mitigate reputational risks to the company under the SVP of global public affairs.
- Counsel stakeholders on how to effectively use communication channels and content development to best fit their needs, e.g. crafting messages and stories, use of language, tone of voice, interpreting messages for specific audience groups.
- Lead the PR and communications portion of the annual corporate and brand planning process, collaborating with our marketing and support agencies.
- Oversee partnership with brand PR agency to develop and deliver communications strategies and execute campaigns within budget.
- Provide ongoing internal updates including milestone success notifications to leadership and consistent results reporting to all internal stakeholders; use insights to continuously enhance programming and efforts.
- In partnership with PR agency, manage separate budgets, and provide financial updates to marketing consistent with their invoice review process.
- Collaborate with regional marketers to coordinate messages, material-use, and brand reference compliance.
- Help build relationships with key health care professionals and handle ongoing requests.
- Serve as a brand spokesperson; media train and prep executives in advance of interviews.
- Develop and expand relationships with key media and ensure the company is seen as a resource and thought leader.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of eight, preferably 10 years, of public relations and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in a global company and global role.
- Experience developing and executing global direct-to-consumer PR, marketing or advertising campaigns.
- Experience working with C-suite executives.
- Strategic thinker with excellent planning, presentation and content development skills
- Thorough understanding of the relationships among customers, professional organizations, healthcare industry, data and regulatory environments
- Experience in a sales-driven organization a plus.
- Solutions-oriented and flexibility to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally, including ongoing coordination with multiple stakeholders from a variety of functions.
- Experience with organic social media campaigns and best practices.
- Experience with B2B and B2C communications.
- Winning experience in public relations/brand campaigns.
- Capable of managing multiple projects with strong organization/prioritization skills and ability to handle high volume of work at times.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
IV. PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-03