National Retail Federation
NRF is seeking a Director, Communications to join its Communications and Public Affairs department. The Director, Communications will develop strategies and execute tactics to drive traffic, audience growth and engagement on NRF content and digital platforms through new media strategies.
The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert of best social media and digital practices and possess demonstrated experience creating, monitoring, developing, planning, and optimizing content across relevant channels.
The successful candidate will possess intellectual curiosity, embrace open collaboration, and take a creative, energetic and flexible approach to fulfilling our mission.
- Oversees NRF’s social media strategy; includes keeping content and properties timely and in support of NRF’s strategic priorities, growing audiences, and measuring and reporting on impact
- Manages social media properties; includes daily monitoring, content development and posting and approving posts drafted by colleagues and agencies
- Manages NRF’s digital public affairs and advocacy campaigns; includes organic and paid promotion, and distribution strategy; provides benchmarks and reporting
- Liaison between media team and others on holistic communications strategy
- Works with marketing team and agencies on social media strategy and execution for NRF’s events
- Manages outside vendors
- Manages NRF’s content promotion; develops overall strategy of organic and paid promotion; assists in managing content promotions budget
- Coordinates with colleagues on upcoming content, providing recommendations and distribution strategies to drive the target audience to desired destination
- Stays current on the latest technologies, trends, and best practices in social media, content marketing and digital distribution
- Performs other duties as assigned
Background/ Skills/ Abilities Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, journalism or related field
- Experience or interest in public affairs and advocacy
- Proven record of exercising good judgement in public communications
- Minimum five years’ professional experience in strategic communications, corporate communications or related field
- Produce effective, accurate and concise written product for various audiences
- Firm understanding and experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and experience growing and leveraging communities on social networks
- Strong understanding of internet best practices and standards
To apply, send your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and salary expectations. Please reference the Director, Communications position in your cover letter. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: VP, Human Resources, NRF, 1101 New York Ave., NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005.
National Retail Federation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a focus on work/life satisfaction and balance. NRF seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
- Public Relations and Communications
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Public Relations
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017