CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
CHC Helicopter is searching for a Director of Global Communications to help lead our organization! The Director of Global Communications is responsible for developing and executing a focused integrated communications strategy. The individual in this role will align the organization’s communications efforts effectively with the business strategy, to help the company fulfill its purpose, enhance its standing with key audiences in the marketplace, and convey CHC’s value to customers and other stakeholders. The role will have direct and frequent interaction with the CEO and other members of the executive team.
- Lead efforts to maintain and advocate for a clear, consistent and compelling company narrative.
- Drive development, refinement and execution of the company’s communications strategy, addressing both internal and external audiences.
- Develop and execute internal and external communications programs for President and CEO, including speeches, presentations, employee communications, video messages, blog updates, talking points, backgrounders, thought leadership pieces, as well as correspondence with key stakeholders and other written materials.
- Ensure favorable executive positioning with customers, potential customers, employees, shareholders, influencers, media, public officials, financial analysts, and the general public.
- Provide communications support for other members of the executive team.
- Articulate company’s unique value proposition and expertise as a global market leader in delivering safe and innovative solutions.
- Develop communications supporting Finance, including earnings and scripts for quarterly investor calls.
- Partner with leaders to build and promote the company culture, helping shape conversations with frontline employees.
- Lead internal communication with an emphasis on change management efforts.
- Build relationships with trade, business and local media to foster and advance the company’s brand and corporate reputation.
- Develop and execute communication plans that promote the company as an industry thought leader.
- Develop a high performing team and a culture of continuous improvement and functional excellence.Oversee strategic communications, event planning, vendor and agency coordination, budget management, and recommending and implementing changes to improve communication programs. Extensive travel internationally.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, English and/or Journalism.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience at a corporation or a public relations firm managing the development and implementation of integrated strategic communications for large, complex organizations.
- Relevant aviation industry experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide leadership/strategic guidance effectively and tactfully with senior executives.
- Experience providing communications counsel to senior executives and proven ability to become a trusted advisor.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and track record in developing and executing internal and external communications campaigns and activities.
- Experience in crisis and issues management.
- Strong change management skills.
- Exceptional demonstrated verbal communication, presentation, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized, efficient and able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to easily shift from strategic thinking to tactical execution and function in a hands on capacity.
- Must be able to discern subtleties and sensitivities
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-05