DIRECTOR, Communications – Locust Street Group
Locust Street Group is seeking a Director to join its Communications team to play a central role working with new and longstanding clients.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills. S/he will have previous public affairs, project management and strategic communications experience.
Locust Street Group provides an energetic, fast-paced work environment, and the Director will interact daily with senior staff, clients and media. Successful candidates will be ambitious, poised, a team player, and possess excellent project management skills. S/he will be a fast learner, clear communicator and demonstrate excellent judgment working with teams, partners, and clients.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications programs and content planning.
- Assist in the day-to-day management and execution of client programs and relationships, including communications, media, events, and issues strategy.
- Develop client proposals and media materials in collaboration with client leads, including plans, presentations, reports, communications documents.
- Develop and write high-quality internal and external content including communications plans, internal memos, talking points, and media materials (such as releases, pitches, opeds, backgrounders), as well as writing for social media and blogs.
- Develop and support the execution of earned media strategies, including content development, pitching and placing stories across a variety of media.
- Digital and social planning: work with digital media, plan, develop, and track social content and integrated communications programs.
- Direct events and public affairs campaign strategies targeting broad audiences including government, consumer, industry and employee audiences.
- Build relationships and position firm as a strategic partner with clients, colleagues and relevant external audiences.
- Assist with development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Represent Locust Street Group at external events and receptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years related professional experience
- Campaign, Hill or agency experience
- Previous experience in Communications or public affairs
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Exceptional project management capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proactive nature with ability to recommend, initiate, and complete projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in team environment, and calm under pressure.
- Experience executing crisis communications and reputation management programs.
Locust Street is currently operating in a work-from-home environment. This role will be based in Washington, DC.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Communications” as subject line.
We appreciate that it takes time to apply thoughtfully to a role. While we will certainly do our best, we hope you will understand that we may not be able to respond to all applicants, but we thank you for your interest.
About Locust Street Group
Locust Street Group is an integrated communications and public affairs firm, based in Washington, DC and with hub offices in Boston, New York, and Denver. We work with the world’s largest Fortune 500 companies and trade associations to help tackle some of the toughest public affairs challenges. With practices in advocacy, communications, research, and messaging, we are leaders in engaging diverse audiences in the U.S. and around the world with meaningful impact, including work in challenging political environments at the federal, state, and local levels.
Learn more at LocustStreet.com.
Job posted: 2021-09-06