Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
It is the primary responsibility of the Director of Communications to guide and direct the execution of external media and communications for MGM National Harbor as well as manage key brand corporate communications and consumer-facing public relations tactics that support and enhance the image of MGM National Harbor.
Job Description POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Work across disciplines i.e. Marketing, Regional PR/Communications, etc. to oversee and collaborate on the creation and delivery of communications programs that strengthen the MGM National Harbor brand, including:
- Community and Stakeholder Relations; (emphasis on Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability & Community Engagement)
- Media Relations and act as property spokesperson;
- Executive Communications;
- Public Relations.
- Oversee preparation and distribution of press materials including: press releases, media alerts, talking points, pitch kits, via traditional and new media/social media and Company and resort stakeholders, etc.
- Manage media relationships to the benefit of the Company and its properties. May include evaluation of proposals for strategic benefit, development of targeted events and story angles.
- Manage relationships with Public Relations agencies and 3rd party vendors.
- Oversight of communications specialist on specific communications plans in support of property initiatives. Must manage workload of team to balance priorities of multiple clients.
- Work with key executive team to develop communication strategy scalable for all aspects of operations (i.e. F&B, Casino, Hotel, etc.).
- Support property marketing in research, strategy and implementation of emerging forms of digital media and paid social media inclusion, primarily Facebook and Twitter.
- Understand current trends, technologies and advancements in the mobile publishers to develop communications strategy and executions around key brand efforts.
- Liaise with parent company (MGM Resorts International) Communications function to ensure consistency of messaging and strategy.
- Support Executive Communications, including speech research and preparation and written executive correspondence.
- Support President & COO and GM as well as SVPs of Corporate Communications and Public Relations with the management and processing of requests related to the executive stakeholder calendar.
- Attendance at key meetings with executives to understand property direction and provide corresponding counsel regarding communications and PR strategy.
- Spearhead key media events and initiatives.
- Other job-related duties as requested.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Communications Specialist
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: List the minimum and preferred qualifications for the job classification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Communications, Public Relations and/or a relevant field.
- Accreditation and/or advanced degree preferred in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Superior Communications skills:
- Technology competencies including all Microsoft Office applications
- Passionate about looking for new and creative ways to strengthen corporate brand.
- Demonstrated and applicable experience in strategic and tactical communications.
- Project Management of Special Events.
- Media Relations skills (traditional and new).
- Emergent and Crisis issues management expertise.
- Teamwork and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently and utilize creative problem-solving.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and emergent business requirements and objectives.
- A desire to learn and grow.
- This position may require duty beyond regular work hours e.g. Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Some travel may be required.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-21