Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications and Advocacy
About the job
The Director of Communications and Advocacy is a key member of the Federation of American Hospitals (FAH) Communications and Public Relations team. The Director of Communications and Advocacy has responsibility for ensuring that FAH messaging is achieved across digital, social, and traditional media platforms. In addition, this position works together with all members of the FAH team, including the policy, government affairs, legal, and meetings divisions to amplify FAH members’ voices and advocacy messaging. Successful candidates will be comfortable crafting and executing comprehensive media strategies and advocacy campaigns. In addition, the Director of Communications and Advocacy needs to be a strong writer with experience creating content on multiple media platforms and have the ability to work with senior FAH leadership.
- Develop and implement the Federation of American Hospitals (FAH) communications and advocacy initiatives in collaboration with PR team and member companies.
- Lead FAH’s “Local Advocacy” program to enhance relationships with members of Congress and amplify policy messaging.
- Assist in episode production and creation of FAH’s podcast, “Hospitals In Focus”.
- Staff the Coalition to Protect America’s Healthcare, a grassroots advocacy organization with multiple healthcare association partners.
- Direct FAH website development with updated messaging and policy content in close coordination with relevant staff.
- Foster collaborative relationships with other health care organizations to amplify FAH policy messaging.
- Manage FAH’s vendor relationships to produce content for advocacy initiatives and special projects including FAH podcasts, social media, and website.
- Work with FAH PR team on developing and implementing social media strategy across all social media channels, ensuring channels are leveraged strategically.
- Collaborate with FAH policy teams and GR teams to provide creative thought partnerships on strategy for advancing FAH initiatives.
- Develop and implement a master calendar for FAH’s communications content
- Staff FAH PR committee and Media working Group
- Assist in the management of FAH’s political action committee, FEDPAC
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in a communications, public relations, or public affairs position; association experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational and written and oral communications skills
- Experience in developing, editing, and managing podcast content
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and manage priorities
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2022-09-08