Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Communications and Meetings
Title: Director, Communications and
Department: Communications and Meetings
Reports to: Vice President, Communications and Meetings
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314
Work Hours: 8:30-5:30 Monday-Friday (Flexible Hybrid Schedule Available)
Join a dynamic organization whose mission is to strengthen the capacity of community coalitions to create and maintain safe, healthy, and drug-free communities globally. This is accomplished by providing technical assistance and training, public policy advocacy, media strategies, and marketing programs, training, and special events.
We provide excellent medical, dental, and vision plans, generous time off, including holidays, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a diverse workplace where we recognize each employee’s contribution to the organization’s overall success. That success is rooted in our commitment to developing our people by giving them the tools and resources to grow in their roles and prepare them for opportunities within the organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Meetings, the Director of Communications and Meetings will set and guide the strategy for all communications, public relations, and marketing messages and collateral to consistently and effectively articulate CADCA’s mission. The Director of Communications and Meetings will work to further CADCA’s position as a respected leader and resource for all issues related to substance abuse prevention.
- Lead the development and management of comprehensive communications, marketing, and creative campaigns and corresponding metrics to track their effectiveness
- Collaborate with the VP to safeguard and elevate the CADCA brand by creating and enforcing branding and communication guidelines. Mentor and manage the senior communications associate and the marketing associate
- Conceptualize, execute, and evaluate strategic marketing plans and communication strategies, encompassing newsletters, press releases, speeches, promotions, and other public-facing materials.
- Oversee the formulation, execution, and analysis of CADCA’s social media strategies, ensuring impactful engagement and meaningful analytics.
- Lead communication efforts in significant projects alongside corporate partners, fostering strong relationships and impactful collaborations.
- Manage specialized communication projects in collaboration with national partners, enhancing CADCA’s influence on a broader scale
- Be the primary point of contact for media inquiries, effectively managing media relations and amplifying CADCA’s message across various channels.
- Regularly review and enhance the content of CADCA’s website, ensuring it remains compelling, up-to-date, and consistently aligned with our messaging.
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas to the table, elevating the impact and effectiveness of our communications and marketing efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with PR and marketing best practices, nonprofit or association marketing, and managing staff
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write/edit and speak effectively
- Maturity and leadership, with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Ability to maintain and nurture professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Knowledge of word processing, social media tools and media outreach software
- Knowledge of substance abuse issues and/or community development issues is a plus
Training and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 10 years of relevant work experience
Amount of Travel
Approximately 30% Annually
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-25