Director of Communications and Content Marketing
The International Bridge, Tunnel & Turnpike Association (IBTTA) is the worldwide association for the
owners and operators of toll facilities and the businesses that serve them. Founded in 1932, IBTTA has
members in 23 countries on six continents. Through advocacy, thought leadership and education, members
are implementing state-of-the-art, innovative user-based transportation financing solutions to address the
critical infrastructure challenges of the 21st Century.
Provide the innovative leadership and dynamic direction of communications, public relations and
content-marketing services that will make the function a recognized key contributor to the organization’s
Public Relations and Advocacy
• Raise the voice and visibility of IBTTA and the tolling industry.
• Develop and implement a public relations and media relations strategy, built on our current strategies
and designed to support IBTTA’s public policy agenda and to enhance the image, prestige and profile of
IBTTA and the tolling industry.
• Design and implement a strategy to collaborate with members and other transportation organizations to
magnify IBTTA’s message and speak with one voice.
• Maintain and grow relationships with media contacts who cover transportation, tolling, road use charging,
ITS and related sectors.
• Integrate emerging communications technologies, services and channels needed to deliver IBTTA’s story
to an increasingly segmented and complex set of audiences.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the media and participate in interviews and respond to
• Write, edit and disseminate timely press materials, including news releases, op-eds and
• Develop materials for use in government affairs activities.
• Manage and evaluate the work of outside consultants engaged to support these efforts.
• Develop and implement a communications and branding strategy that builds on our current strategies
to ensure that IBTTA members are aware of and take advantage of the value of membership.
• Collaborate with IBTTA staff and volunteer groups (committees, councils, task forces, working groups)
to ensure that programs and services receive appropriate recognition from target audiences.
• Oversee IBTTA’s online strategies, including integration of existing tools to achieve better engagement
and development of new media initiatives.
• Ensure a consistent brand identity for IBTTA and its many components in collaboration with the I
BTTA staff team.
• Develop and implement a leading-edge strategy to effectively use all aspects of the marketingcommunications toolbox, including social media, partnerships, analytics, and other channels.
• Contribute and provide strategic guidance to content development and strategy for the IBTTA website
and all marketing platforms.
© VETTED SOLUTIONS 2021 3
The Director supervises several external consultants and recommends additional resources as needed.
The Director works in close collaboration with the staff, board, and members of IBTTA, and especially
the Executive Director and CEO, Deputy Executive Director, Director of Government Affairs and
Policy, Director of Research and Technology, Director of Membership and Business Development,
and the Webmaster.
• Embrace the values of Excellence, Go the Extra Mile, and Work Like a Team.
• A minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience and familiarity with policy-oriented public
relations, communications and marketing.
• Transportation background a plus.
• Superior writing and editing skills.
• Strong initiative and creativity.
• Strong understanding of social media.
• Skilled at data utilization and analysis of media performance.
• Experience with a membership association or other nonprofit advocacy organization desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Familiarity with website content management systems and constituent relationship management
systems a plus.
• Able to handle multiple priorities and capable of working with a minimal amount of staff support.
• Manage complex and multiple projects under tight deadlines.
IBTTA is based in Washington, DC and some travel is required. IBTTA is strongly and actively
committed to diversity in its workplace.
Follow us on:
Partners in Panorama – Asia, Australia, EMEA, Latin America, North America
Members of the Association of Executive Search Consultants – AESC
Vetted Solutions is a Washington, D.C. based executive search firm specializing in association and
nonprofit recruiting and consulting. We focus on CEO and senior staff positions.
For confidential consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to:
IBTTACommsSearch@vettedsolutions.com or call +1 202 544 4749.
Job posted: 2021-08-24