Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Communications & Corporate Affairs
As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life®, Nature’s Bounty®, Vital Proteins®, Nuun®, Persona Nutrition®, BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
This newly created position reflects the enhanced size and scale of the NHSc US business. The Director is responsible for leading the over-arching corporate communications and community affairs strategy and
structure. More specifically, this role will design, develop, and lead the delivery of a corporate communications strategy that drives a positive corporate reputation, leading thought leadership position and winning culture for the organization. This leader will oversee both internal and external communications, including community and external social affairs.
Lead the development and execution of all corporate communication strategies for Nestle Health Science, including external and internal communications. Counsel senior leadership on all communications topics. This role will work very closely with the NHSc US CEO and senior leadership team.
- External Communications
- Establish Nestlé Health Science externally in the U.S. through relationships with national, health and wellness, trade/business publications.
- Create and uphold good relations with key stakeholders (media, business, community partners) to bolster the reputation of NHSc have a positive reputational impact.
- Manage team and agencies to deliver in-market public relations and thought leadership strategies and plans that step-change awareness and growth for Nestlé Health Science.
- Oversee evolution and management of Nestlé Health Science digital channels, including socialmedia and corporate website. Develop as needed: organic and paid content, community management and new channel entry strategies.
- Manage preparation for U.S. executives’ external and internal speaking engagements and media interviews.
- Serve as communications lead for all issues and crisis management activity, including counsel on external communications and corporate reputation.
- Internal Communications
- Drive a robust, inclusive, winning culture through strategic internal communications and employee engagement strategies.
- Guide communications for institution-wide priorities in collaboration with senior leaders across NHSc U.S.
- Articulate and communicate Nestlé Health Science’s transformation strategy and progress to employees.
- Lead and continuously refine executive engagement with U.S. staff to foster transparency and build a community among 6,000 U.S. employees.
- Review, refresh and manage communications editorial plan and identify, implement, and operationalize improvements to formats and channels to ensure efficient communications to our colleagues.
- Execute against agreed processes related to technology issue management
- Drive information sharing across departments to enable employee engagement and to capitalize on opportunities for content amplification
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a communications management role –preferably in CPG/health industry.
- Demonstrated strength in telling a compelling story internally and externally
- Extensive experience and proven success owning corporate reputation strategies, earned media engagement, and social media.
- Robust experience leading change management and transformation communications efforts at evolving organizations.
- Experience in—or close collaboration with—human resources, internal communications and/or change management.
- Strong team leadership skills (with direct and indirect reports), with a proven track record of driving success as a leader but equally comfortable with rolling up sleeves and diving into implementation. Experience managing multiple agencies.
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencer, and networking skills, building strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, and with the ability to manage up and acrossteams and divisions.
- A strategic thinker, able to balance creativity with business objectives.
- PR agency experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Requisition ID: 215796
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-16