Director, Communications & Culture
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Communications & Culture
Director of Communications & Culture
We are looking for a Communications & Culture Leader to join our team in the Retail & Direct Bank Technology team. This is a pivotal role that will simultaneously be the voice of our CIO while shaping a culture & identity that inspires our engineers. You will be part of a strong & diverse team and will be working closely with technology teams as well as our product & design leads. This person will report to our Head of Strategy & Business Operations.
This role is in our Technology organization, where we experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies to enable our engineers to create breakthrough customer experiences. Our team of 1,000 engineers makes a daily impact on the banking experience of 65 million Capital One customers. At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. It is important that you share the same sentiment and stay curious, constantly asking “what if?”
Candidates should have a passion for technology, an engaging executive presence, exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship-building, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves while also building a high-performing team. Candidates should be excited to improve the daily lives and development of our engineers and help our executive team advance our strategy at scale.
- Build and execute on communication strategy and plans that support the RDT vision, goals and objectives
- Partner with RDT senior executives to develop thoughtful, creative technology communications
- Develop and drive the associate engagement strategy for our CIO and other RDT Senior Executives, including departmental communications, associate engagement updates, offsites, town hall events
- Support our Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging agenda in partnership with our leadership
- Build RDT’s brand identity as well as shape the personal brand of our CIO.
- Build and execute thought leadership initiatives that elevate our technology experts on emerging technology trends and topics in key technology publications, channels and forums
- Develop a roster of speaking engagements and event opportunities for participation; and manage public speaking training and development needs
- Assess risks, issues, and potential communications problems and provide proactive solutions
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Proven track record for developing and implementing successful technical communication strategies and storytelling
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex subject matter in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and executive management
- The ability to think outside the box / creatively to integrate problem-solving and structured thinking
- An ability to interface with executives 1×1 and in large settings
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in communications
- At least 3 years of experience in process or project management
- At least 3 years of experience with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and Google suite
- 2+ year of experience in a technology role, computer science role, or a combination of the two
- 3+ years of experience with Diversity and Inclusion
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02