Director Of Communications & Editorial
About the job
Lux Capital is looking for a seasoned communications professional to join its growing marketing team. Just as Lux isn’t the usual venture capital firm, this isn’t the usual marketing or communications role. The right person for the job is restlessly curious, flexibly opinionated, and adept at shaping unorthodox thoughts into unorthodox content, whether it be written, recorded, or filmed. While working with our PR firm is part of the remit, your primary focus is on our own media, from building the right audience for the content you help create to devising and managing editorial calendars so we have a reason for our audiences to return. You will work autonomously to advance the objectives we agree to. At the same time, since we’re a small team, we’ll work together to do whatever it takes to promote the Lux brand and partners, and support our community of portfolio companies with their marketing and communication needs.
You should have:
- 7-10 years of experience in a communications, editorial, or journalist role
- A love of crafting narratives
- Extensive experience using different forms of media, including audio and video, to tell stories
- Stellar writing and editing skills
- A natural inclination towards collaboration, combined with the ability to stand up for your beliefs
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience in venture capital or a similar field
- The ability to turn deeply technical and scientific ideas into stories of interest to a broader audience
- The ability to use social media strategically to amplify our storytelling
- Experience working with outside vendors, including public relations, creative, and branding agencies
- The ability to manage multiple projects with multiple partners and hit your deadlines
About Lux Capital
We make long-term bets on contrarians and outsiders. We believe the next generation of industrialist titans will be scientists, technologists and inventors who are doing more than challenging the status quo. They’re literally challenging the laws of physics.
We partner with mission-driven entrepreneurs who possess an exceedingly rare intellect, a creative imagination, and a radical vision. They are driven by the notion that science is the great equalizer. They thrive in chaos. They are extraordinarily resilient. They work and play with knife-wielding robots, deadly lasers and contagious bacteria.
Our goal is to accelerate the widespread adoption of their most promising creations. We take big risks on scientific and technological breakthroughs that have the potential for truly radical change.
Over the past decade, Lux has expanded from our New York City roots to Silicon Valley, and built a $2.5 billion AUM firm of more than 20 full-time professionals, with a wide spectrum of technical backgrounds and the versatility to invest at any stage, from $50,000 to $50 million.
We invest in seed- and early-stage ventures across multiple sectors, including: 3D printing; machine learning; artificial intelligence; flying robots; surgical robots; synthetic biology; genomics; satellites; space; drones; computational imaging and recognition; new materials; holograms; “fixers” for the future; the internet of things; connected hardware; the smart home and virtual reality.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30