Director, Communications – Government Affairs
We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, in to life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
We are seeking an experienced Government Affairs Communications Leader to join our dynamic, fast-paced marketing team. This individual will help to lead and develop global communications strategy as it relates to government affairs initiatives. This candidate should have an ability to manage and lead projects and effectively manage both internal and external partners. This role will report directly to the Vice President, Communications.
- Create and manage the government affairs communications strategy globally for SmileDirectClub
- Serve as a key liaison between the government affairs team, marketing and clinical to create digital and traditional communication strategies to further SmileDirectClub’s mission and message as a telehealth leader
- Manage global agencies in execution of always-on government affairs communications activities, working closely with local lobbying teams to support their efforts through earned and owned activities. Working with lobbying team and agencies, develop content needed to support lobbying activities.
- Lead grass roots lobbying communications and efforts; experience in coalition building a plus
- Manage sensitive and rapid response communications, including crisis and change management.
- 10+ years experience in government affairs and communications; digitally savvy (Content Marketing, Social Media experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Affairs, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform, educate and inspire team members (employees)
- Experience providing counsel and support to executives using direct, informed communications
- Self-starting ability to develop relationships, set a strategy, and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Experience tailoring communications to a diversified workforce
- Highly adaptable agility and ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Fact-finding grit: someone who loves to get into the details of the business and deeply understand an issue from all sides
- Excellent writer who can distill complex ideas into simple, intellectually relatable narratives through written and visual channels.
- Team player: A well-organized convener with who enjoys working with others
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn’t otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04