Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Communications and Marketing
Position Title: Director of Marketing & Communications
Position Summary Originate and execute the organization’s marketing and partnership strategies to align with Visit Montgomery’s (VM) mission to promote Montgomery County, Maryland as a destination and to increase tourism to this dynamic and fast-developing region.
Strategic Communications, Copywriting, Messaging, Public Relations, Collaboration, Self-Managed, Mentor, Innovator, Destination Marketing, Advertising Planning, Fast Paced Thought Leader, Project Management, Proactive, Digital and Traditional Marketing, Creative, Analytical, Brand Management, and Metrics Driven.
- Develop and execute annual marketing, advertising, and public relations plan.
- Ensure the Visit Montgomery brand is messaged and visually aligned to meet the organization’s mission, goals and strategies.
- Supervise and mentor two marketing division staff members, report on their progress and tasks monthly.
- Serve on local boards and committees as a representative of Visit Montgomery.
- Maintain an active PR effort to include press releases on member news and industry happenings.
- Maintain current database of media contacts and foster consistent communications to generate stories.
- Work with travel writers and local media, solicit editorial coverage of Montgomery County as a destination for the leisure market and group business.
- Track publicity and editorial values, story clipping files and tear sheets
- Compile and manage the annual print and online advertising campaigns with a budget of $450,000.
- Analyze campaign results, generate performance reports and make recommendations for future changes.
- Supervise media buying and placement and leverage those buys for editorial coverage.
- Negotiate co-operative advertising opportunities in collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee implementation and tracking of spending for grants awarded to Visit Montgomery.
- Oversee membership retention, new member recruitment and cooperative partnership fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure membership, sponsorship and cooperative revenue goals are achieved.
- Collaborate with Destination Sales Division to identify market needs and behavior for the groups and meetings market segments.
- The position requires a college degree
- Must have a proven track record in media relations, communications, and all phases of marketing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required
- Working knowledge of Adobe Create Suite products preferred
- . Candidate must also have experience managing staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockville, MD 20852: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-29