Director, Communications & Marketing
About the job
Our client, a leader in helping philanthropic organizations do their best to advance the common good, is searching for a Director, Communications & Marketing to join their team. For consideration, please submit a cover letter with you application. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with 5-7 years of Communications Management experience who is ready to take the next steps.
Under the direction of the Vice President, Government Affairs & Strategic Communications, the Director, Communications & Marketing provides leadership, planning and execution for all of the organization’s communications, content marketing, public relations, brand awareness, and social, digital, and traditional media strategies. The Director is responsible for the development, integration and implementation of key communications activities that include appropriate support to the President & CEO and for designing cross functional communications activities that promote, enhance, and advance the work, vision and reputation of the Council. This position supervises four direct reports.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Organizational Development
• Design and lead a communications plan that is aligned with the strategic direction of the organization and implemented with measurable outcomes and leverages internal collaboration for effectiveness.
• Develop new and improved approaches to advance the Organization’s digital program strategies and initiatives by effectively utilizing social media and other online vehicles to ensure information about the organization is accurate, consistent, and accessible to external audiences and members.
• Model the Organization’s commitment of diversity, equity and inclusion and lead efforts to embed this commitment in organizational systems and programs.
• Manage all aspects of media relations and public relations.
• Develop and implement a public relations strategy that gains positive exposure for the organization, and its programs and initiatives within the sector.
• Leverage existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with journalists, editorial boards, and other appropriate outlets to generate broader coverage of the Organization’s mission, programs, and priorities.
• Manage all aspects of the Organization’s publications and research function, including working directly with key internal and external stakeholders to optimize publications projects, oversee the development of thorough project management plans from concept to design, and implementing marketing techniques to share each product externally.
• Design exceptional web experience to help maintain and strengthen the Organization’s brand awareness.
• Lead the creation of internal and external content needs, including press releases, media advisories, one-pagers, talking points, blogs, newsletters, annual reports, white papers, 2 videos, special events, and campaigns.
• Act as a project manager creating timelines and action plans to drive key external communications projects to completion.
• Collaborate with other departments in supporting the development and implementation of a communications and marketing strategy for externally facing programs and services, by reviewing and editing department marketing and communications.
• Support colleagues across departments to ensure consistent messaging and understanding of the Organization’s brand and value proposition.
• Lead all Organization-produced research publications, surveys, and reports, including providing editing support and guidance on communications rollout strategies.
• Lead communications efforts surrounding disaster philanthropy, including serving on internal task teams and executing communications needs related to manmade and natural disasters.
• Engage, cultivate, and manage press and media relationships to ensure coverage of the Organization’s programming, public advocacy, organizational progress, and key partnerships by pitching stories, press release distribution, handling media inquiries, and other communication innovations.
• Develop talking points, FAQs, and other materials as needed to prepare President & CEO for external communications and speaking engagements.
• Track media coverage on the Organization and provide monthly analysis reports of success, gaps, and opportunities.
• Monitor online news and social media for breaking stories, developments in or related to philanthropy and communications, industry trends, and relevant commentary.
• Provide regular updates to team on articles, issues, and relevant news.
Team Leadership and Development
• Provide managerial oversight, guidance and direction to the Associate, Communications; Associate, Marketing; Manager, Digital Strategy; and the Manager, Publications & Research.
• Contribute to overarching organization goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
• 7-10 years’ experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations
GENERAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience leading an organization’s communications functions.
• Excellent written communication skills, including experience preparing press releases, articles, marketing materials and presentations.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, including experience giving speeches and speaking at events.
• Experience creating and executing innovative strategic communications and/or media outreach plans for a range of projects, initiatives and campaigns. 3
• Experience communicating with the media.
• Strong project management and analytical skills with ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
• Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks and maintain productivity.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
• Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
• Experience supervising and coaching junior and mid-level staff.
• Experience using CRM database solution, preferably Salesforce.
• Experience using marketing platforms, preferably Hubspot, Constant Contact or Mailchimp.
• Proficient skill in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-02