Director of Communications and Marketing
POSITION DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Schwarzman Scholars seeks a Director of Marketing and Communications. This individual will help craft and execute marketing and communications strategies for the organization globally and oversee internal and external communications.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is based in New York City along with other members of the foundation team. S/he will work with the program teams in NYC and Beijing to oversee Schwarzman Scholars public relations, branding, marketing, and events to enable a globally integrated strategy and approach.
- Develop Strategic Communications Plan that leverages the organizations assets.
- Oversee organizational communications.
- Focus on elevating the global recognition and thought leadership of the Schwarzman Scholars Program.
- Work with program stakeholders to develop clear and consistent messaging for the organization.
- Secure prominent exposure with international, national, local and university media outlets.
- Partner with and support the China-based communications team in developing and executing local and global PR strategies.
- Develop and advance relationships with domestic and international media that cover the program and higher education. Facilitate media interactions for our senior team.
- Manage press inquiries to staff, Scholars and alumni.
- Partner with Admissions team to execute effective communications plan for outreach and selection.
- Advance the Program’s thought leadership in Global Affairs, China and Leadership fields. Could include conceptualization and execution of major event in collaboration with the academic and events teams.
- Craft all PR materials including: talking points, speeches, briefing notes, press releases, and other external content.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar of newsworthy events and moments.
- Provide guidance to the scholars on media relations.
- Oversee marketing strategy for the organization globally.
- Day-to-day management of social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; driving engagement across social media channels to maximize earned media and monitor data reports.
- Oversee content creation and manage external vendors.
- Ownership of the Schwarzman Scholars brand and all branded collateral.
- Manage the development and content of the Schwarzman Scholars US/Global website.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCES ESSENTIAL FOR SUCCESS
The Schwarzman Scholars team seeks an experienced professional with demonstrated experience running communications and marketing functions.
The successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- A passion for the mission of Schwarzman Scholars
- 7 plus years of experience in the field of communications
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
- Experience in creating and/or managing social media platforms
- A proven track record in securing visible feature stories in leading media outlets
- Must be willing to travel to China as necessary
- A team player who can navigate cross-border working relationships and collaboration.
- Thrives in a fast-paced demanding work environment
- A self-starter who is willing to take on any and all tasks associated with getting the job done
- Experience working with China
- The following are additive but not required: Experience working at a foundation, international organization, academic institution, cross border initiatives
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-05-29