Director of Communications and Partnerships
About Fresh is a Boston area nonprofit on a mission to strengthen communities by getting healthy food to the households that need it most. Our programs are built to be integrated into community health systems.
- Fresh Truck mobile markets bring affordable, healthy food to Boston neighborhoods
- Fresh Connect is a pre-paid debit card and analytic platform that enables health care providers to cover the cost of healthy food for patients and measure related health impacts
- Fresh Box a direct-to-doorstep contactless delivery of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other grocery staples developed as a response to the COVID crisis.
About Fresh is looking for a mission-driven leader to join our growing team as Director of Communications and Partnerships. This person will be the organization’s primary brand manager and a prominent voice behind About Fresh communications with internal and external stakeholders. A relationship builder and storyteller at heart, they support organizational objectives through partnership building and collaboration. The ideal candidate will be equal parts strategic and creative, have deep knowledge of the role of food access in community health, and be eager to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with About Fresh CEO to set strategic priorities, goals, and procedures for strategic development partnerships
- Own About Fresh brand voice internally and externally, managing communications across all platforms, and production of marketing materials including collateral, website content, and digital channels
- Plan and execute major campaigns including brand activations, collaborative partnerships, and annual events that affirm our organizational core values and brand identity
- Collaborate with About Fresh programming teams to ideate, present and operationalize partnerships with mission-aligned organizations and strategic funders
- Develop an About Fresh thought leadership platform through strategic partnerships, program activations, PR, speaking engagements, and policy initiatives
- Attend, assist, and represent About Fresh at key fundraising events, speaking engagements, tours, and other development programs
Who you are
- Equipped with 5+ years of experience in a communications, partnerships or programming role, preferably at a nonprofit or cause-driven organization
- Natural relationship builder with excellent communication skills who is as comfortable in board rooms as you are in living rooms and community settings.
- Exceptionally organized and extremely attentive to detail, with planning, and prioritization skills that don’t falter in a fast-paced work environment
- A curious and proactive problem solver who is eager to learn new things
- Possess the cultural and social competency to work across a diverse array of teammates, partners, and communities
- Long-time Boston resident a huge plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platforms, email marketing tools, social media and Google suite
- The salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000 based on level of experience
- Employer-sponsored full health, vision, and dental coverage
- Commuter benefit
- Retirement savings matching
- 3 weeks paid time off annually
About Fresh actively fosters equity and inclusion through our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.
About Fresh Culture Code
Mission first – Our mission is our north star. It drives decision making, organizational strategy, program assessment, who we work with and how.
Implement intentionally – We carry out our mission deliberately because we know every decision we make impacts the experience of the people who matter to us.
Hustle with ❤️ – To deliver the best programs for our shoppers and partners we balance our diligence and hard work with empathy and flexibility.
We’ve got each other’s backs – This work is demanding which is why we go out of our way to take care of one another. From lending a hand lifting boxes to designing thoughtful HR policies we make sure everyone has the support they need to love coming to work every day.
Dream big with discipline – We have a big vision for the future of food and community health which is why we pursue our work with focused execution.
Learn and adapt – Change is inevitable, and we are not afraid of it (in fact, sometimes we push for it). We solve complex problems by staying committed to constant learning.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-19