Director of Communications, Political Intelligence
Morning Consult is hiring a Director of Communications – Political Intelligence to own the communications and media relations strategy related to the company’s political polling data and products. This role requires a deep understanding of the political media environment, experience working with polling data, and an entrepreneurial and assertive mindset with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
As one of the members of the communications team in DC, this individual will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the company, working closely with the company’s political media partners and playing a key role in the company’s 2020 election cycle strategy.
- Position Morning Consult as the leader in the political polling space, and lead PR strategy during the 2020 election cycle
- Manage, nurture and grow key political media partnerships
- Forging and nurturing relationships with key political journalists, pundits, and other key contacts
- Actively pitching Morning Consult leadership for broadcast appearances and speaking engagements, handling the necessary logistics, managing preparation and research, and conducting follow-up
- Collaborating with leads in product, marketing, sales and editorial to uncover and develop potential PR stories
- Monitoring day-to-day PR activity and providing analysis over longer time periods
- 3-6 years in a political media or press role
- Experience with polling is essential
- Proven experience securing media coverage and broadcast bookings that move the needle in the political space
- Experience in international political markets a plus
- A scrappy, hard-working attitude
About Morning Consult:
Named one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America by Deloitte, Morning Consult is revolutionizing ways to collect, organize, and share survey research data to transform how global leaders in business and government make decisions.
With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., Morning Consult provides research, news, and brand-tracking technology for over 200 of the world’s biggest companies and industry associations. Additionally, Morning Consult conducts regular surveys for major media organizations including POLITICO, The Hollywood Reporter, Bloomberg, and The New York Times.
Awards & Accolades:
- Deloitte 2018 Technology Fast 500 – Fastest Growing Companies in North America
- AdAge 40-under-40 – Media and marketing executives blazing new trails
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year – Technology Category
- Comparably’s Best CEOs for Women – Small/Medium and Large Companies
- Washingtonian Tech Titan – Most influential and interesting people in the local tech scene
- POLITICO Power Players – Media Players
In The News:
- Business Insider: A breakout company broke the dam in 2016 polling, and now it wants to become ‘the Bloomberg of public opinion’
- The Hollywood Reporter: Morning Consult Joins Forces With The Hollywood Reporter For First-of-its-Kind Polling Partnership
- Wired: Is Trump Hate-Tweeting You? Find Out if It’s Really a Crisis
- The New York Times: Is Sushi ‘Healthy’? What About Granola? Where Americans and Nutritionists Disagree
- The New York Times: We Asked 615 Men About How They Conduct Themselves at Work
- The New York Times: Americans Are Having Fewer Babies. They Told Us Why.
- Fast Company: Survey says Nike’s brand image has dropped because of Colin Kaepernick ad
- POLITICO: POLITICO to launch polling partnership with Morning Consult
- CNBC: Here’s how businesses should navigate politics in the Trump Era
- MSNBC: The Shy Trump Voter Effect
Please apply via our website at https://morningconsult.com/jobs/4201429002/?gh_jid=4201429002
Job posted: 2019-03-01