Director of Communications and Public Affairs
- Company paid health, dental, and life insurance; other benefits include vision, disability, accident, cancer, and life insurance, pre-paid legal, paid vacation and holiday pay.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leader in government and commercial maritime build contracts, including DOD and DHS asset construction. ESG is looking for a Director of Communications & Public Affairs who will act as the lead communicator for segment/business units. In this role the director will: Align with his/her market business leaders or assigned functional team(s) to be the first point of contact for external, brand and internal communications. Develop comprehensive communications plan annually and identify key, specific communications that support the company’s business strategy and overarching communications strategy. Help advise segment to improve employee participation and employee engagement in relation to goals. Partner seamlessly with Digital Content and Public Relations leaders to provide integration and leadership of communications activities related to company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: Because Eastern Shipbuilding is continually growing to meet the needs of our customers, the essential duties and responsibilities may be different than described.
· Segment Content & Communications: Builds and manages execution of company-wide communications plans that align with segment business goals and priorities, incorporating their expertise in media relations, messaging, PR, and digital content strategies.
· Issues and reputation management: Oversees and directs robust campaign(s) to solidify and improve overall reputation of brand in key markets.
· Serves as a trusted, senior counselor to the CEO’s leadership teams for the segments for all things Brand and Communications-focused.
· Business Acumen: Deep understanding of the Brand & Communications strategy at the global and regional level as it pertains to their segment.
· Develops and maintains thorough understanding of Eastern and the segments’ business objectives, offers and processes.
· Monitors the relevant competitors and industry trends to deliver strategies and campaigns focused on differentiation in a competitive market.
· Tracks and measures progress on the impact of brand & communications activities
· Thought Leadership Communications: Serves as the lead campaign manager and counselor for leveraging and positioning of the CEO, senior executives, and subject matter experts within the business units in their respective marketplace to build awareness, manage reputation and generate sales.
· Keeps up to date with new and emerging digital media methods and trends to leverage digital publishing approaches.
· Point of contact and representative for all press release, media statements and or interviews.
· Represent the company at regional/state/community engagements, including, but not limited to; Bay County Chamber of Commerce and Bay County EDA.
· Analyses, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of digital content campaigns to maximize current and future results
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Basic Management Experience – 5 years Basic Functional Experience – 5 years’ experience in communications or related field.
· 5-10 years’ experience leading communications for a business or unit of comparable size (based on employees, revenue, or a combination).
· Proven track record managing integrated campaigns incorporating digital, PR, and editorial content into a cohesive strategy with proven business results.
· Deep understanding of digital content creation, dissemination, and strategy.
· History of exceptional communications skills.
· Externally focused communications mind.
· Strong writing skills especially focused on speeches and message/talking points.
· Strong familiarity leading digital content strategies and campaign execution, including paid content promotion.
· Capacity to deliver internal change management communication.
· Understanding of the shipbuilding industry, competitive government contracting, and political influencing is a plus.
· Data visualization expert.
· High energy, infectious positive attitude, and self-starter.
· Ability to understand big picture context while simultaneously focusing on detailed and specifically targeted objectives to develop positive perceptions and opinions about the company and its brand, both internally and externally.
Company paid health, dental, and life insurance; other benefits include vision, disability, accident, cancer, and life insurance, pre-paid legal, paid vacation and holiday pay.
Eastern proudly honors American’s Veterans for their service to our country and encourages all veterans to apply at our organization. Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Pre-employment drug testing and physical required.
Applications can be submitted in a variety of ways:
- Email your completed application and a brief resume (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Fax your completed application and a brief resume (if available) to 850-257-8571,
- Mail your completed application and a brief resume (if available) to:
Eastern Shipbuilding Group; Attn: Human Resources; 13300 Allanton Rd; Panama City, FL 32404, or
- Complete and submit your application in person at our Human Resources offices at either the Allanton or Nelson Street Facilities.
Hours of operation at both facilities are:
Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Job posted: 2020-09-30