Director, Communications & Public Affairs (Digital Media)
Global Strategy Group
New York, NY
Are you a Digital Media professional with an interest in Communications and Public Affairs? If so, this is your opportunity to put your expertise to work and enhance the breadth of your experience!
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team has successfully led communications and public affairs campaigns for clients across various industries. We are seeking a Director, Digital Media to join our growing Communications & Public Affairs practice. Our culture and values play an integral role in how we operate, and we work hard to bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do.
We are searching for a multi-talented Director to lead our clients’ paid media campaigns. In this role, you will lead digital strategy and manage social media, mobile, e-mail, out-of-home, print, and other opportunities to successfully reach our clients’ target audiences.
Directors are also expected to take the lead on projects and manage multiple client deadlines and projects simultaneously. Successful candidates will bring their digital expertise to the fore while learning more in-depth strategic communications and public affairs programs across a variety of workstreams.
- Lead digital strategy, planning and buying for strategic communications initiatives that incorporate varied digital communications channels and platforms
- Develop, manage, and execute public affairs campaigns for corporate and non-profit clients on wide-ranging local, state, and national issues
- Manage multiple workstreams for projects, as well as those of more junior team members, by setting priorities and delegating to adhere to established timelines
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships and successfully manage day-to-day needs and expectations, while contributing to organic growth through new project opportunities
- Work closely with senior practitioners on business planning, new business development, RFP responses, pitch presentations, lead generation and networking
- Proactively manage administration of ongoing client engagements, including profitability, utilization and reporting
- 8+ years’ experience leading, developing and executing digital media campaign plans across multiple channels, including digital, social media, paid media, mobile, email, out-of-home and print, among others
- Demonstrated success leading and implementing digital communications programs and tactics, with the ability to develop budgets and a solid understanding of reading digital success metrics and producing analytics reports
- Prior experience leading strategic communications or public affairs within corporate, government, non-profit, agency spaces, political campaigns, community relations, or a related field is a plus
- Strong writing skills are a must
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms for clients; experience in social media advocacy is a plus
- Team player with superior organization, time management and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, political science, public affairs, public policy, other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-21